Ignore Selected Solids Workaround List

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • In Construct 1 the platform behavior had an action that allowed you to select any solids that you wanted to ignore collisions with, but this feature is not in Construct 2 at the moment.

It would be great to have a "ignore collision with selected solid" feature in construct 2 that would work with all behaviors, but until then these are the workarounds you can use to achieve that same effect.

1. Use Paco's Extended Platform behavior

Link: behaviour-paco-039-s-extended-platform_t80887

2. Use the default Physics behavior to create your own movement, then use the "Enable/disable collisions" action to choose which solids to ignore.

3. Make your own movement using R0J0hound's Chipmunk Physics behavior, then use the collision filtering feature to ignore selected solids.

Link: behavior-chipmunk-physics_t110815

4. Make your own movement using the custom movement behavior or without using behaviors at all.

5. Make your own "stop movement" or "push out" system that could push the objects out of selected solids when overlapping them.

6. Use R0J0hound's collision filtering example that was made using events.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1vr8srq201gw ... .capx?dl=1

7. Use ruskul's modified platform behavior.

Link to thread: ignoring-specific-solids-using-the-platform-behavior_t167299

Link to behavior: http://www.mediafire.com/download/q5y7l ... dified.zip

Link to example cap: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r9c2l ... tform.capx

If you know any other workarounds, please tell me so I can add them to this list.

• Um, what's wrong with number 2?

If it works with physics, it works with all behaviors that use solid.

• ???

Only the physics object has a "Enable/disable collisions" action, all other behaviors don't have that action.

Also the physics object doesn't use the solid behavior to handle collisions.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Check the sprite object.

• I second this feature request. Disabling all collisions for the sprite isn't an option if you for example have enemies (using platform behavior) you want to disable character collisions with but still want them to not fall through the ground. Or if you have certain solids you want to disable character collisions with but still want the enemies to not fall through.

• I second this feature request. Disabling all collisions for the sprite isn't an option if you for example have enemies (using platform behavior) you want to disable character collisions with but still want them to not fall through the ground. Or if you have certain solids you want to disable character collisions with but still want the enemies to not fall through.

That's right.

• create a family of avoidables and set them to ignore?

• create a family of avoidables and set them to ignore?

If it is applied to platform characters, as was said above, they will fall trough floor

• You don't apply it to the character. You do it to the obstacle.

I think Waltuo was getting at that it would also disable collisions for some other object that might interact with the obstacle.

That's a whole other argument than the ops.

• Actually megatronx is right and saiyadjin's solution won't work.

I had a problem in my game where I was using the platform behavior and I needed the player to move through a certain wall, but the enemies couldn't move through that wall.

Disabling solids would make the player and enemies fall through the floor.

• Can't read minds.

• you just got to have solid disabled, and make up with events. Keep collisions enabled, and for the characters that are supose to not to pass the wall, set collision check on overlap, and the result of it should be for them to either stop, or reverse. And if it's a platform, for the period of which those characters are on the platform, set fixed Y.

Ashley But I really want in the future for Solids ( as well as other behaviors ) to be expanded, cause "ways around" kill the momentum of development.

• I don't know how your enemies are moving, but why not have an event like this:

Ennemy: On collision with "Wall" : Change direction to move away from the wall.

• The enemies only follow the player when he gets near them. If I made the enemies change direction when they hit the wall, then they wouldn't follow the player if he's close to a wall.

megatronx's solution works though because I can make them stop instead of change direction.

• JackieChan

Here's another idea for your list. Basically at the start of the layout the solid objects are duplicated to somewhere way off screen. That would be like a second collision layer where you can disable/enable the solids independent of what's on screen.

So to use it here's the capx. Player1 is on the on screen solids and player2 is on the offscreen duplicate and a clone of player2 is positioned on-screen.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... sable.capx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)