I'll pay $300, maybe more, for Construct 3

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:17 pm

erekt - what's native export got to do with switching resolutions? it's a engine thing, not a exporter feature
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:26 pm

Tbh I don't know enough about html5 to know whether lack of resolution switching is an html5 limitation or a nwjs/crosswalk/etc limitation. I just assumed it was the latter.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:04 am

Low resolution fullscreen mode basically does the same thing as switching resolution. The only difference is the last stretch to the display size is done by the GPU (which is typically very efficient at that) instead of the chip in the display hardware. It also means you can control the sampling between point and linear, which means you can keep pixel games looking crisp where monitors typically only use linear sampling for the last stretch. So I really don't think it's a big deal if you can't change the hardware resolution. Even if you still really wanted to, you could probably find a way to write a plugin to do that in NW.js. (I don't think I've ever seen a mobile device change resolution!)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:14 pm

How about a nice alternative to the current method of pinning objects ? Maybe in a seperate editor. Drag in all the component parts, place the pins, save all the data and reference all the objects as one when creating the object via events. Like a container but with the pin info.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:17 pm

spongehammer wrote:How about a nice alternative to the current method of pinning objects ? Maybe in a seperate editor. Drag in all the component parts, place the pins, save all the data and reference all the objects as one when creating the object via events. Like a container but with the pin info.

And the pins could have different joint types, with limited angle of motion, or piston-like pins, things like that...
like box2D and spriter, but with better editor integration.

Sounds like something in construct 3, since we'll be able to hook into the editor.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Fimbul wrote:
spongehammer wrote:How about a nice alternative to the current method of pinning objects ? Maybe in a seperate editor. Drag in all the component parts, place the pins, save all the data and reference all the objects as one when creating the object via events. Like a container but with the pin info.

And the pins could have different joint types, with limited angle of motion, or piston-like pins, things like that...
like box2D and spriter, but with better editor integration.

Sounds like something in construct 3, since we'll be able to hook into the editor.

Well certainly any form of visual construction would be better than the current method.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Speaking of Containers, I'd love to be able to create and move things in/out of Containers during runtime. We can't do that in C2 can we? I'm not sure as I type this...
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:49 pm

A related note about C2 and C3: The thing that I enjoy the most about using Construct is that fact that I cannot write code. Yes you heard right, I said I'm happy I cannot code. As a veeeery old school coder, 30+ years, I have a passion for writing, re-writing, writing, re-writing my code until it's refactored down to it's most minimal and beautiful perfection. I love doing this sooooo damn much, it actually prevents me from finishing projects! With C2/3 I do not have that problem. I now find myself actually a few dev days from finishing my first multiplayer game project simply because I'm not hampered by my refactoring obsession. I definitely do rethink and reorganize my Events, Groups and Sheets a little more than I should probably, but it's not really slowing me down much.

So +10 to Construct 2/3 Events system and UI helping me get past my refactoring obsession and actually finish building something :-D
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:53 pm

A way to make plugs using events would be very welcome.
Id pay extra for that, even if it was a separate editor.
Only if it were Scirra official that is.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:04 pm

newt wrote:A way to make plugs using events

I'm not sure what this is. Can you explain briefly?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General