I'm Done With Game Design ...

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:03 pm

@vlweb3d

so you made a game its the worst for the 90% of the people who bought it and you open a thread with the title "im done with game design".

first of all i saw that youre working with eons vue for landscapes and poser for characters so if im correct you like to do art. so why you want to stop doing art?because some people said that your game is crappy and laggy (thats maybe i said "maybe" is ashley's problem a bug or something and you should send the capx file to him for investigation). so what? do what you want and try if you love it trully to be better.

and second i dont know how old are you but let me say it straight
the first time we ride a bicycle or a bike we fell but we found the way to balance after a few falls.
the first time someone make love believe me like the 90+ of the people it was a semi-disaster...thats dont stop us to keep making sex...
the first time someone drink alcohol or smokes it was a disaster too (unfortunately specially for the smoking we keep doing it)...
the first day in a new job (in the first especially job) is a disaster too we dont know what to do for sure but thats not stopping us to be better (if we want to keep the job).
the first time is always the first time if you really love the process stand up and try to be better dont give it up. and the only advise is to listen the bad comments not the good. the bad comments evolving you the good keep you in the same level.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:11 pm

You've achieved a lot more than you think. It's called free marketing. Jump on that opportunity while people are still talking about this one. People spend a lot more time doing great games that rarely get heard of, yet your game has caused quite a stir. It'd be stupid to stop now... really..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:17 pm

Oh yeah, and welcome to lesson 1 of Developing A Thick Skin ;)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:13 pm

My honest suggestion would be to join a team and don´t make a game on your own. It´s speeding up things and it´s way more fun than to do it as a one man show.

There are people who lag of artistic skills completely but who are great developers... if you´d focus on art instead of gameplay the game maybe could have been a lot better!
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:28 pm

Beaverlicious wrote:My honest suggestion would be to join a team and don´t make a game on your own. It´s speeding up things and it´s way more fun than to do it as a one man show.

There are people who lag of artistic skills completely but who are great developers... if you´d focus on art instead of gameplay the game maybe could have been a lot better!

Yeah but it's retardedly hard to find an artist who's willing to help and even harder to find one who will stick around.
And I'm not even mentioning pay yet.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:17 am

Tokinsom wrote:-The bird's eye view is just..bad..pretty much no one does that anymore. All you see is heads, flailing arms, and the tops of walls.

no, no! you forgot about Teleglitch! That game is amazing...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:29 am

jobel wrote:
Tokinsom wrote:-The bird's eye view is just..bad..pretty much no one does that anymore. All you see is heads, flailing arms, and the tops of walls.

no, no! you forgot about Teleglitch! That game is amazing...

And Hotline Miami. Mos def got a market for it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:26 am

Nesteris wrote:Yeah but it's retardedly hard to find an artist who's willing to help and even harder to find one who will stick around.
And I'm not even mentioning pay yet.

Haha you should mention pay if you're hoping to find someone willing to help and also stick around :)
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:43 am

Don't be disheartened.

This is your first game. With almost no exceptions, anyone's first game is absolutely going to be rubbish, no question.

I spent 6 months making my first video game. If that game had made it to Steam, even after 6 more months of adding more stuff, I can guarantee it would get reviews as bad as yours or worse (Actually, it was a pretty similar game when I think about it!)

The key is experience. There are no instant successes in video games. None.

Only give up now if you didn't love the hard work of making the game. You can only get better from here.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:52 am

Everyone gets negative reviews, you are just missing a bunch of positive to balance it.

You managed to get enough hype to get this thing onto steam, and fair enough it didn't attract much positive reaction, but that is experience.
You are 90% ahead of everyone else, and have joined the ranks of indie developer (they all have a story about a first game that bombed) You need to bomb your first game (its a rite of passage)

:lol: But I think you should quit. I think you will be too much of a competitor down the line. Do all of us a favor ;)
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General