I'm overriding Timedelta, and it... seems good.

Post your own tutorials, guides and demos.

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:38 am

Events are highly optimised. Events which operate on just a handful of instances often run in negligable time (with a few exceptions, like RTS movement's 'move to' actions, which run a fairly CPU-intensive pathfinding search). To get events to be the cause of your application's slowdown, generally you'd have to make something which repeats tens of thousands of times per tick. That could be a for-each, or an action applying to a lot of instances, etc. Also read up on how the CPU and GPU work in parallel in Optimisation Tips.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:02 pm

That's a good article. I probably should have read it by now.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks for the standard deviation! It'll definitely be useful.

It's interesting working on ideas for a game with a distributed main character. If most of you makes it to the exit, do you continue, or play the few particles stuck or left behind? What if part of you gets split off and starts to develop as a separate entity? Maybe the character you're playing is part of a larger organism that wants you back. This is fun. :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:08 am

Hey, I hate to necro-post but...this sounds like a neat game that kind of disappeared.

Does anyone know what happened to it? The mediafire link seems to be down; does anyone still have the cap? Did this game continue in some other form? Looks like Mort came up with a lot of neat stuff, but hasn't posted in a long time...
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your tutorials & example files