I'm worried about the future.

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:53 pm

glerikud wrote:
lamar wrote:I am not in any way trying to intimate that Scirra would intentionally do anything illegal and contract laws are very tricky.

I think when a developer under 18 years old sign upin the US, it's not the service provider's fault (but I'm no attorney either). Literally anyone can create a PayPal, how could the companies check that the information their subscribers provide of themselves are valid?

That is the problem and it can cause legal issues. Subscriptions have to exclude minors or require some form of verifiable parent consent and both options will limit your customer base or can still be bypassed by smart kids and end up causing legal headaches.

An attorney is the best one to explain what subscription models avoid those problems.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Zebbi wrote:It isn't the only one, it wasn't the first, it's currently the best but it probably won't be when it's grandfather gets a rewrite later this year...

Eh..? Tell me more about this....

B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Cryptwalker wrote:
Zebbi wrote:It isn't the only one, it wasn't the first, it's currently the best but it probably won't be when it's grandfather gets a rewrite later this year...

Eh..? Tell me more about this....

I assume he meant Fusion 3.

Interesting to note here that three 2d game editors are all to release a new version this year: Fusion 3, Godot 3, and Construct 3.

All three provide visual scripting, offer a good 2d editor, and are being rewritten,...

And all three will be releasing version 3 of their app!

3 direct competitors releasing version 3 - You'd almost think the universe has a sense of Jungian synchronous humor. :D
Last edited by Rayek on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win7 64- i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:38 pm

All we need now is Half Life 3
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:47 pm

I hear Portal 3 is vr, and comes with a year's supply of air sickness bags.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:12 am

Tom wrote:All we need now is Half Life 3

Half Life 1 is just too new for me, I lost interest in modern gaming after Quake 1, maybe Quake 2.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:03 am

Rayek wrote:I assume he meant Fusion 3.

I wouldn't say Fusion is the grandfather of 2D game engines sorry.

Gamemaker studio was originally Animo and released in 1999. 001engine released their 2D engine in 2001 so both were around before Fusion.

I cut my 2D teeth on 001 and sadly they pretty much abandoned that engine even with a good 3D plugin stopped doing updates which is when I started looking around and found C2 that also has a simplified event format for fast game design.

There were a few other 2D game engines for flash around before those I also tried. Before that when dinosaurs still roamed the earth there were lots of us old farts making games using BASIC and other languages. Oh and can't forget Dungeons and Dragons and all the non computer games we made.

Not sure who the grandfather of game design engines actually is because there has been so many over the years and some never even had a name and were never commercial products. Just something programmers (back when we actually programmed computers) used to pass around in forums.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:13 am

What happened with Director should be illegal.

People have to be able to continue using the latest version of software they paid for ( rent or no rent )
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:21 am

Rayek wrote:All three provide visual scripting, offer a good 2d editor, and are being rewritten,...

Hmm...if Fusion 3 is anything like 2.5.....meh. Of course i haven't been following the development of Fusion3 that much. Probably because I just couldn't get into MMF's spreadsheet weirdness at all. So far nothing has comes close to the ease and and sensibility of C2 (development wise).....yet. However, like what was stated before, there are pros and cons to everything. And because of this i've also been taking a closer look at other stuff too lately.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:36 am

I foresee the future to be drag and drop 2D and 3D game creation.

You will choose from a plethora of of 2D or 3D characters and objects with pre-programmed but modifiable behaviors and effects and you will choose your layout, effects and scenery and type of game and just drop them in place and the engine does the rest.

No event scripting and just modify object settings for how you want them to behave.

We are to the point that is very possible now and I purchased a game engine a few years back that was doing that and had great potential but they lied about being able to share our games with other people and sell games so I stopped using the engine and I don't think it is even available any more.

Once we reach the point a good commercial 3D and 2D game can be created with just drag and drop then it will be a mad rush to create the best 2D and 3D objects.

I have been designing a sandbox type platform creator that is drag and drop using the C2 engine running in the background and you can create very playable platform games with no event or programming at all using that system.

That would open up game design to many more artists that have no interest in programming or writing events.
Banned User
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion