I'm worried about the future.

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:35 pm

blurymind wrote: You are right, this thread is going way off topic. :) I wanted to say that the future is not dark, because game development is becoming more and more accessible - to OP. More choice of engines, better engines and ways to publish your game.
@lamar then jumped on the opportunity to start plugging his tool by making the point that what he is doing with it is the general direction of where things are going in gamedev.
The truth is that OP is concerned about the licensing model of the potential that one day he will not be able to open his construct3 projects, because construct3 is a tool that exists in the cloud - and it periodically checks with scirra if the subscription is paid. Thus is one day the servers go down, his offline copy will stop working and his projects will be dead

I beg your pardon?

I used my sandbox design that is built on the C2 engine to explain where I think game design engines are going which is on topic. In fact if you look at C3 as described in the blog it is already heading that direction to a visual design platform.

The only one advertising anything to sell here and arguing about which engine came first appears to be you.

Have a good day!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:50 pm

If we expect our path to be 100% clear before moving forward we will be holding ourselves back for infinity. I suggest we just get started and then learn to adapt to the surprises life will generously be throwing at us. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 pm

delaflaquita wrote:If we expect our path to be 100% clear before moving forward we will be holding ourselves back for infinity. I suggest we just get started and then learn to adapt to the surprises life will generously be throwing at us. ;)

Very true and well said!
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:11 am

lamar wrote:The only one advertising anything to sell here and arguing about which engine came first appears to be you.
Have a good day!

If you think about it, it doesn't really matter which one came out first and each of the three has an advantage or two over the other two.

I jumped on the whole topic of engine comparison because other users in the thread noted that fusion 3, construct 3 and godot 3 are three engines with the number 3 version that will compete this year :lol: So like commenting on race horses I pointed out what I think about the three at the moment

@tom very rightly sneaked in the half life 3 confirmed joke in there too

Engine history and design really fascinates me. I like the topic very much and have been interested in visual programming approaches for ages. It is what got me into learning programming in the first place. I have both construct2 and fusion to thank for that and respect both projects, regardless of what i bring up about one or the other - i try to restrain myself from showing bias, while compiling information that would help me or others decide which to use for their project.

On the topic of which came first - I simply tried to keep you on the fact that I was talking about the visual event sheet specifically, and you kept pushing away from it - to make it sound like my claim is that clickteam somehow invented programming languages and 2d game engines in general :lol:
B
S
G

Previous

Return to General Discussion