image comparison - pixel by pixel or other method

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 5:08 am

@R0J0hound wrote:lennaert
link updated

Thanks R0j0.
I used all three methods to check for image changes pasted into canvas taken from a user media camera object.

It works ^_^

Now I can do a variant of motion detection with a simple camera which has no ambient light detection 8-)

Muchos gracias

I do have a side question relating to canvas, none related to the topic, but related to how I use the compare.

I tried applying the "toon" effect on either a paster object and on a sprite object... This in order to make simpler images which are easier to check for changes.

The effect is lost when a sprite with that effect applied is pasted into a canvas object.

Any way to preserve applied webgl effects when pasted into an object ?
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 5:28 am

@lennaert
Effects being lost when pasting objects to it is a limitation of the canvas plugin. The paster plugin was then made to support webgl and pasting with effects. Unfortunately for your case the paster plugin doesn't let you access pixel data like the canvas. It is concivably possible to add such a feature the paster but I've no interest or motivation to do that.

However if you don't mind some juggling you could take the paster.imageUrl expression and load that into the canvas object.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 27, 2017 6:12 am

@R0J0hound wrote:However if you don't mind some juggling you could take the paster.imageUrl expression and load that into the canvas object.

Thanks for the tip, I will try that :D
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Work in Progress Addons