Image editor bugs.

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:37 pm

I tried out the image editor, and especially the different Brushes and tools.

No capx.

Observed result.
* When using a brush you have to set the opacity really really low to even get it somewhat transparent.
* Also getting weird banding effects when using brush, especially softer brush.
* Even with opacity as low as 0.01 you're getting some strange darkening effect.
* When opacity is at 0.02 you're getting some chrome-like effect when painting.
* Strange colors appear when you lower the hardness, even if you pick a grayscale color.
* Eraser is still pretty hard even when setting hardness at minimum 0.01.

Edit:
* Resizing a large (scaling down) image needs some filtering. It's becoming too sharp, and pixly at edges.
I loaded picture in link into the image editor and scaled it down to 300x245 (stretch should be default)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/60/Xbox-360-Controller-Black.png
Rusult needs some filtering when scaling. Looks too sharp and pixellated.

Edit2:
Crop transparent edges i would be good if this tool also cropped to selection.

Expected Result
No strange effects when editing images.

At this point image editor may be usable for cropping, resizing, 100% opaque pixel art (Pencil), but any type of painting using the provided brush, and Eraser is not working very well.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

Someone already mentioned cropping to the size of a selection, I completely overlooked that feature of C2. Will get to it once we are out of the initial wave of bugs :P

Good catch on the resize tool, I haven't tried it with images that large, but to be honest even If I had I would have thought it looked fine. :oops:

The brush tool might need some more work though. Initially I looked at what C2 did at very low opacity levels and since it also produced weird blending artifacts I thought it was fine. Will definitely try to improve it in the future.
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Filed the opacity issue at https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/28, closing this report. Please file separate reports if you have other issues.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 02, 2017 1:30 pm

When I open an image with a large resolution type 3000x3000 construct 3 hangs.
Why?
B

Return to Closed Bugs