Image editor

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:29 am

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the idea. I have a spate of features like this I'd love to see. I guess it's a matter of priorities and how many people are clamouring for the feature.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:41 pm

I wonder, would it be possible to link some programs with some uses ? (Exemple, the image editor would have a button "Edit in another program", which would let you edit the picture in a program you would have chosen beforehand?).
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:30 pm

@Aphrodite indeed, that's what I'm suggesting (apart from adding an ellipse tool that should be easy to implement), to add an "Open in external editor" button to the Image Editor to open the currently selected frame in another program (passed as a parameter to a command you define in construct's settings, say "c:\program files\paintnet\paintnet.exe %file" or something like that). Probably this model could be used at other places in Construct 2, to open audio in Audacity etc.
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Speaking of the image editor, another usability issue I just noticed is that when I double-click at the Object pane on a tiled background object that I'm looking at in the currently visible layout in Construct 2, I get the image editor where I can edit the tile, but I have to close the editor to see my changes in the layout.

If it had some Apply button apart from the [X] to close it, then I would be able to edit the tile and press apply to see it at the layout I had already open.

Being able to also set that you want continuous "apply" would be nice, since you'd see the tileset change in the layout while you work in the image editor. Or else it should detect that the image is from a Tileset and show me somewhere a preview of how it will look while I'm working on it (just looking at one tile isn't helpful). To do that it could draw some extra tiles around the tile I'm editing, faded out a bit to make apparent the area I'm editing. In fact it could draw faded tiles around the edited tile and another set of even more faded tiles around those (2 "rings" of extra tiles that is)
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:25 pm

@birbilis you could get a temp workaround for one of your issues by setting up a macro with a global hot-key to run your graphics tool of choice (or anything else). Far from ideal, but it should work.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General