• 6 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dropbox.com/s/j9gu4ununyws6nq/ready%20to%20submit.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Play layout 'Town'

Observed result:

Of the 4 characters on the screen, 3 of them will be black boxes. If you delete more objects from the project, this will gradually stop happening (try deleting say 3 objects and one image will go back to normal. Try deleting 20 and all will be normal).

Another method that worked for a bit was to relocate the affected objects to another object type folder. However, after doing this many times, the problem starts to occur again.

*EDIT: an additional note is that when this issue occurs, it also prevented the Clay.io plugin connecting (the Clay.io plugin is not included in the posted .capx). Not sure if that helps but thought I would mention it.

Expected result:

The characters should appear normally.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: no

Internet Explorer: no

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 8 (unknown service pack)

Construct 2 version:

• Try removing the clay.io plugin and see if the issue persists.

I can't test I don't have win8, but normally third parts plugins aren't supported by Scirra.

If you figure the issue is in relation with clay.io (if the problem persists even without the plugin in the project) please post this other capx.

Otherwise, report in the clay.io plugin topic, austin is very supportive of his plugin.

• Kyatric - Oh the Clay.io plugin isn't in the posted .capx, the image problem is there with or without it. I just thought maybe it might help to understand the problem, as all other plugins work fine even with the black image problem (I'm not a coder, so not sure what information is relevant exactly).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Your .capx uses the MoveTo plugin by Rex. Please remove it when reporting bugs as described in how to report bugs.

• Ashley - Sorry, I missed one, I had a lot of objects to check through. Updated in original post.

• I can reproduce the problem, but it looks like a bug with Chrome. It works in IE10 and Firefox. You might want to report it to Google.

I would think this is related to the number of images you use - over 6000, which Chrome might be inefficient at handling. Exporting your project should be OK since C2 will spritesheet everything and use fewer images.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)