Implement Spilgames API

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:11 am

First of all, a very very BIG thanx to PixelRebirth. You saved me from an obvious downfall of my project.

After some RnD, I found that, after installing this addon, the game works absolutely fine, but it dont show this in the test tool which Spill games provided. Since we have not directly included this in the index.html file. So you need not to worry about the red colored 'API LOADED', as it is loaded but not seen. The advertisement is showing, which indirectly means the API is loaded. And the test tool is not working properly ( I think), the fnResume is called with fnPause.

I submitted my game with this comments. Hope it works.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:27 am

I did not yet tested all but the plugin seems to be working even so as i cannot test from their page cannot be sure will tell you ass soon as they check and tell me
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:29 am

Yeah, their test tool is not detecting the LaodAPI function, but the 'Loading ads' screen is coming, which means it is loaded. I deleted the LoadAPI call from the Construct 2 event and that time the "Loading Ads" screen was not shown. That concludes that the plug in is installed and working.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Just wanted to thank skyhunter93, bilgekaan, and Pixelrebirth (and anyone else who helped) for giving away their plugins and helping us with this, so, thanks!.
B
G

Post » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:38 pm

[QUOTE=FunEffect] Just wanted to thank skyhunter93, bilgekaan, and Pixelrebirth (and anyone else who helped) for giving away their plugins and helping us with this, so, thanks!.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome!

Btw it seems Spilgames updated the HTML5 API test tool. Requesting an ad now properly triggers fnPause as well as fnResume. Nice!

It seems you can't test games with HTTPS urls anymore though, which means you cannot use dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:35 pm

[QUOTE=PixelRebirth]
It seems you can't test games with HTTPS urls anymore though, which means you cannot use dropbox. [/QUOTE]

I tried to use a sub-domain Redirect & Frame to the dropbox link of the game, then the API test tool worked! But I don't sure why the Status Check (even showing logo or ads) of API test tool didn't work with my game - because of my wrong in using the event or because of loading via the Redirect & Frame of sub-domain.

By the way, this is my event. I called loadAPI at the first layout, then request ads and get logo on start of the highscore layout when first any touch start condition checked, but no ads nor logo is shown..

Anyone have experiences?

Links of the game:
http://tapforfunapi5.gamesvts.com
or
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63199844/TapForFunAPI5/index.htmlIris2014-02-11 17:55:59
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:40 pm

How do you actually submit a game. Their whole dev portal seems really incomplete. Is there an email address we send links too?

Thanks
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:52 pm

[QUOTE=ArcadEd] How do you actually submit a game. Their whole dev portal seems really incomplete. Is there an email address we send links too?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

SpilGames works with a number of different managers, you can submit your game via a contact email address. Then they will reply and let you know what your game's future is :D Just pm every one in this thread or me if you really need it :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:54 pm

OK, so it's like boostermedia. I will just send an email via their contact form.

You guys are having success getting games passed, even though the API Loaded is failing during the test?ArcadEd2014-02-11 17:55:32
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:41 pm

@ArcadEd

The "API loaded" lights up green in the test tool if you include the API from the URL like described in the documentation. Since you can't define remote dependencies the plugin uses a local copy of the API js file.

Feel free to replace the script reference in the index.html file of the exported project.

However skyhunter93 submitted successfully even though his project worked with a local script, so it might not be necessary.

@Iris

You probably don't want to request an ad right on startup. That would mean the user instantly saw an ad after loading the game.

I'm also not sure it will work properly if you don't allow for a little time between loading the API and requesting an ad.

Remember, you load the API only once and you request an ad whenever you want to actually display one. For example when a level ends.

Could be that the sub-domain redirecting you're doing is causing problems with the test tool. I would definitely try to use a direct URL to compare.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?