Implement Spilgames API

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:57 pm

@Iris I hardcoded the logo and passed QA, but that was 2 months ago so their guidelines have changed.

What fullscreen mode are you using?
The samsung devices are always a problem :/
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:19 pm

@skyhunter93 i'm using letterbox scale fullscreen mode. I tested the game with iOS 6.1.2, 7.0.4 and 7.0.6 - everything is perfect. I don't sure what is the reason of that bug on 7.0.2 ._.

Anw, what is about the problem of Samsung devices?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 am

skyhunter93 wrote:@Iris I hardcoded the logo and passed QA, but that was 2 months ago so their guidelines have changed.

Yeah, you are definitely not allowed to hardcode the logo anymore.

Also the API is changing constantly. Third time I see significant changes in how the branding works when checking the online documentation. There are new methods now which aren't in the plugin yet and it's generally becoming a little more complex.

A little frustrating to be honest when you earlier relied on the pdf documentation they provided when signing with them, then you don't pass their QA because they keep changing the API... :?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Iris wrote:@skyhunter93 i'm using letterbox scale fullscreen mode. I tested the game with iOS 6.1.2, 7.0.4 and 7.0.6 - everything is perfect. I don't sure what is the reason of that bug on 7.0.2 ._.

Anw, what is about the problem of Samsung devices?

Not sure if it is related but I have noticed that if you include the plugin FaceBookComplete or if you open a tweet intent page using the Browser object, an error "Could not create a message from input" from spilgames.js is raised. So I assume that calls made from outside your game can break the API.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:14 am

It's seem many developers are getting the same problem at their games. My deadline to provide the completed games is coming day by day. Another chance is going to the hell :s

Btw, anyone here passed the QA test? I received the 2nd Report with some problems when running on Samsung devices and iPhone 5 7.0.2 >_>
Code: Select all
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aox88KReK3zCdDBEU05OWG00SWd6dW5ScWR5ZGZTWVE&usp=sharing#gid=0
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Iris wrote:It's seem many developers are getting the same problem at their games. My deadline to provide the completed games is coming day by day. Another chance is going to the hell :s

Btw, anyone here passed the QA test? I received the 2nd Report with some problems when running on Samsung devices and iPhone 5 7.0.2 >_>
Code: Select all
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aox88KReK3zCdDBEU05OWG00SWd6dW5ScWR5ZGZTWVE&usp=sharing#gid=0

I doubt you will get into real trouble even past the deadline as long as you're actively trying to resolve the issues raised by QA.

I need to tell you guys that I currently do not recommend using my plugin. Alone this week there have been at least three updates to the API. Some things in the plugin are deprecated and newer methods aren't in there yet.

I tried to keep up and used an adjusted version to submit my game again today along with a message for the QA department. However my contact at Spilgames appears to be on vacation, so I hope the forwarding and all goes well and I get a response soon.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:36 pm

Hello, is there a last plugin that works. I am asking because it says it cannot be done using the "browser" command but should be used ussing their api... can someone help me in "how" can i do that?
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:01 pm

hello i am starting with a new one just to make the spilgames api work and not have to wait a lot for my game to load that is longer so started a blank one with just one button

i added just before the /head... (deleting the original </head> and <body>...

(code inside index.html)
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.gameplayer.io/api/js/game.js"></script>
</head>

<body>
<script>
GameAPI.loadAPI (function (apiInstance) {

});
loadAPI(fnCallback);
apiInstance.stop=0;
function isPaused() {
return apiInstance.stop;
};
function requestAdd() {
apiInstance.GameBreak.request(pauseGame, resumeGame);
};
function pauseGame() {
apiInstance.stop=1;
}
function resumeGame() {
apiInstance.stop=0;
}
</script>

and now the tester says the api is loaded but...nothing is is working at all not even the button
example.png

that is the code in the construct... so my idea as you see is just to.
step one load the api...that the tool say it did..
step 2 i press the button so when that happen the function requestAdd is executed supposedly, that will trigger the other 2 functions changing the value to the apiInstance.stop that i read in every cicle but.. for some reason is not working because is not showing me any text...
can someone help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:14 pm

The current documentation for the API can be found here : http://spil.com/html5docs. The API is kept compatible with the documentation listed there. There are also tutorials available that you can use as a starting point.

If you want to test your game, try the on-line test tool: http://cdn.gameplayer.io/testtool/index.html#!/tester. Just put your game somewhere (any webserver, even localhost, will do) and you're good to go. The tool will provide feedback on your API integration.

On the test tool page there's also a Support tab, where you can directly create tickets with the Tech Support crew, who aim to help you find answers. Put in a screenshot of whatever problem you're having and we'd be happy to help you be on your way as fast as possible.

EDIT: Links were removed from my post... added back again
B

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:48 pm

thanks but I already read all on there.. and then i tried to fix it making this code... and for some reason my program just stop working but it does not give me any kind of feedback at all.

does the test tool stops error messages?, because if i do not test on your site...the api is not available so it gives error because does not load and.. if i test at your site, i have no feedback so.. you can see the problem.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?