Import Local Text File To String Without AJAX

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Currently I am trying to find an alternate way to import a local text file into a string without using AJAX. Its very easy to do with AJAX however, that causes the entire app to fail with AppMobi or CocoonJS. If anyone could tell me an alternate method to do this I'd really appreciate it.

How I am doing it with AJAX:

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:33 am

Hello evilbunnies. I think a simpler system might be use the Dictionary object; you can save key/value combinations and download them in JSON format. That JSON file can then be loaded via the Dictionary object and all the keys/values can be referenced as needed.

Here's the manual entry for the Dictionary:

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Any chance you know where I can see an example of this. I've tried it but unsuccessfully and don't know if I'm just doing it wrong or whether it just won't work with what I'm trying to do.

I was using the AJAX to load the text file which is a csv table containing 10 columns and several hundred rows.

Return to How do I....?