Important thing that must be in consideration

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:45 pm

I think that it is outrages to see unanswered questions in The forum and no one is bothering to reply. Where is the experts, where are the helpers? Why being selfish if we could help each other? Actually I'm not okay with that. It is Scirra's community responsibility to make this forum active and to help others just like you.
If you seen this post and you know scirra a lot, I want to ask you: isn't it outrages to see other developers just like you suffering to get an answer? :evil: It is really sad to see Scirra in that way, I'm very sad for that :(
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:15 am

Turns out you're in the wrong forum after all.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:52 am

I really don't see how you came to that conclusion. I see people helping all the time even to the point of doing what the person is trying to figure out for them by providing them a .capx. I don't provide .capx files but I do answer I believe for me to help you, you first have to help yourself. Heck at times the people give capx files willy nilly if a person was clever enough they could have their whole program done for them and they learn absolutely nothing in the end.

I see it as bad because new people come in demanding .capx and not just answers.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:01 am

I must say this forum helped me uit quite a lot. But ofcourse, if you ask questions that can be read in the manual or tutorials, people tend to neglect them. Go through the tutorials, read the manual and if you still have questions by then, for sure people will answer them. But yeah, nowdays people demand instand gratification and succes. The golden rule if you want to become good in something is to spend 10.000 hrs in it. And that my friend, is the case with everything.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:20 am

Totally disagree with you. There's already a lot of helpers here, and I've learned a lot from them until now. Manuals and tutorials, the thread of some moderators is also a big helper, which new people easily ignores. If you carefully take a look at those unanswered question, you may found why it doesn't get answers.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:29 am

You don't always need an expert to answer every question. If the question isn't directly tied with c2 the internet is a vast resource that can provide solutions or tips on how things are done. Even if it isn't then you can expiriment with the lab which is c2. My computer is filled with examples I've done to figure out how things work.

I'm not saying you shouldn't ask questions, rather there are ways to figure it out on your own.

Also keep in mind that most experts don't just know an answer, but if it sparks their interest and they have the time they sometimes can find a solution. The key word being "time". And all users, including you and even the brand new users can be one of the "contributing experts" if you take the time to find an answer to a question.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:59 am

Is this in response to your question here that was not yet answered when you started this thread? Five hours had passed - and the answer was, in fact, to be found in a tutorial all along... :roll:
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:41 am

I disagree, I find the forum quite helpful with nice people!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:40 am

I have been amazed at the effort and patience shown by some people on the forums in answering problems. Personally i dont think i have ever been on such an active and helpful forum.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:50 am

Well, just to mention it, but I guess Ashley and Tom are very helpful as well.
It´s not usual that administrators of program software answer directly on postings of the community, what they did several times even on my questions.

If you would like to have an answer to something from big players like Microsoft or Apple, you would just get an email saying "....read our FAQ" or "... read our manual!"
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General