IMPORTANT what other new features will Construct 3 have?

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:42 pm

PixelPower wrote:For number 2 they can make it like buildbox thats the ultimate easy to use game maker but the price is too much. I never seen games made as fast as buildbox games.

Buildbox is crazy expensive, but seems to be doing well. Its nice and slick but its extremely limited. It does look to be getting better over time. Buildbox is for wealthy beginners only! ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:01 pm

Scirra that pick up this market, I believe that c3 will follow the same line of buildbox, Believing that it will conquer buildbox users for it, is exactly what scirra forgets the faithful public, Scirra is leaving its faithful public aside.
I do not condemn scirra, she has to earn her money.
I expected an update to make 3d games :(

I'm going to start looking at Godot Engine, CopperCube, Gdevelop, Spark engine that's about to leave this year, I think spark will revolutionize the engines, wait and see.
B

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:09 pm

We have weeks of updates scheduled. Please be patient!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:03 pm

We understand @Ashley,
but like I mentioned it in another thread, would've been (from my point of view) nice to have updates of new features instead of graphical upgrades to the interface, which is of course great too.

I don't personally have a problem with either the subscription model or the features Scirra showed, but I would like to see, specially day 1, new features that would help game dev.

Again, I mentioned it earlier, but personally I'm one of those that would be ready to pay for exporters for consoles and other. My primary goal is not to release for mobile and so I would prefer to see features for pc and consoles instead.

With all due respect, is was kinda messy, but I'm curious to see what you guys will announce.

All I can say is that Scirra in the past delivered great updates, patches and in overall a great software so I'm expecting the same level.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:25 pm

FraktalZero wrote:We understand @Ashley,
but like I mentioned it in another thread, would've been (from my point of view) nice to have updates of new features instead of graphical upgrades to the interface, which is of course great too.

No point in Scirra showing all the must-haves first because nobody is going to want to know about the nice-haves. Both announcements so far are new features. I cant do either of them in C2 :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:30 pm

gameglaux wrote:
PixelPower wrote:For number 2 they can make it like buildbox thats the ultimate easy to use game maker but the price is too much. I never seen games made as fast as buildbox games.

Buildbox is crazy expensive, but seems to be doing well. Its nice and slick but its extremely limited. It does look to be getting better over time. Buildbox is for wealthy beginners only! ;)

I am working on some sandbox builders using the C2 engine that will allow any user to create a platform, RPG, racing and other styles of games just by dragging and dropping components.

Platform Builder is almost done and just need to work on snap to grid. I can make a platformer with that in an hour with lots of special effects and features.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:55 pm

lamar wrote:
gameglaux wrote:

I am working on some sandbox builders using the C2 engine that will allow any user to create a platform, RPG, racing and other styles of games just by dragging and dropping components.

Platform Builder is almost done and just need to work on snap to grid. I can make a platformer with that in an hour with lots of special effects and features.

That sounds most excellent I can't wait to see the final product.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:34 pm

Hoping for simple fixes like the ability to set Physics.AngleofGravity.
Or at least fix the 'Music' folder so it actually plays music.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Inzodgames wrote:Spark engine that's about to leave this year, I think spark will revolutionize the engines, wait and see.

Seriously? Spark is vaporware.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:14 pm

@gameglaux

Those features are not useful for me for pc par exemple. In studios I have both experience with Unity and Unreal, and to be honest most of the time Unreal wais updating with features which are often more necessary for game studios or which make life easier. I prefer seeing how paying for C3 will upgrade how I work.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion