importing images

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:03 pm

ati radeon hd 3870 512mb gddr4

but anway it doesnt really matter, i thought that some object in construct might act as or similiar to backdrop in mmf, I did try the tile thing but its a lot of work setting them next to each other and everything so they form the final picture...

I did however thought about not using the picture but to code the stars and import single objects for space stuff, like distant nebulas and planets. But it would be much faster and simpler if i could just import the picture.
B
G

Post » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:28 pm

That's strange as your gpu does support 8192x8192 textures(well yours anyway) so in theory it should work
Just what type of image are you trying to process anyway?(might help to give some point as to spread it out)
B
G

Post » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:36 pm

It's an image of space, i v made in painter, its in jpeg format 6400x4800 resolution. And i can only import via animator import frames. Because construct crashes when i click the import button for importing images in the picture editor for some reason.
B
G

Post » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:51 am

hardware accel is a double edged sword

it allows for mass transformation and modification of images with little slowdown, and many images to be rendered, aswell as putting much less load on the CPU, but super large images arent easily handled since it has to work with the GPU hardware.

importing images in excess of even 2000+x2000+ wouldn't be a good idea in any case, since your limiting the amount of other stuff you can have, and it swallows up alot of rendering time. your also limiting the number of people who can play your game.

Every rendering method has its own advantages, learn to use them as best you can. in this case, scaling "nebula textures" and placing many sprites instead of a large image would be faster and better.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:31 am

^yeah what quasi said, plus you have to remember everything is saved internally as png, and then uncompressed at runtime.
So unless its possible to make an object that allows you to render differently (probably not in C1), then splitting things up is the only option.
Image Image
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic