Improving the Projects tab drag-and-drop function

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Now you can drop everything in your game with sound :)
  • Hello all,

We all know that the best practice for organizing a project is through folders and sub-folders, categorizing project objects as neatly as possible. I'm currently working with a project that has several hundred sprites within 15-20 different folders. Every time there is a new sprite that needs to be moved to a folder, I have to drag it upwards to find the correct folder. After dropping, affected folders and sub-folders expand, cluttering up the view. Furthermore, you can only drag-and-drop one object at a time, and there is no way to shift+click to select multiple objects at once.

This makes dragging sprites to the correct folder quite unpleasant because you can't quickly identify the correct folder by leaving it as the only expanded one, and increases the distance and time taken to drag a sprite upwards through the projects tab. The most obvious solution here is to always create objects in the correct folder to start with, but I'm collaborating with others and it's not always feasible to do this.

I don't know if any sort of plug-in exists to improve the Projects tab functionality, but I would love to hear your thoughts on whether you have had a similar issue in your projects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)