In 2 Months I've Made $27,271 From HTML5 Games

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:38 am

[QUOTE=stevefromio]How did you find your publishers, or how did your publishers find you?[/QUOTE]

In early 2012 when I was starting out, I found my first publishers with plain old search engines and by networking with other developers. The networking was vital, and eventually led me to be invited to a private community where we shared and discussed sponsors.

Now I've built a prominent platform which leads to publishers finding me, and I no longer rely on others. This is optimal for me, but obviously not easy to achieve in general.

[QUOTE=stevefromio]
Did you have inside contacts working as a moderator with YoYo games before you got fired?[/QUOTE]

I do have some great contacts thanks to my work with YoYo but none that specifically helped me with HTML5. Being able to directly talk with the GameMaker developers did help me get my HTML5 problems fast-tracked, at least.

[QUOTE=stevefromio]
Also, could you list one or two of your publishers so I can contact them? Surely you wouldn't mind as they probably use a lot of HTML5 developers besides you?[/QUOTE]

Well, I already listed Spil Games and I've worked with them in the past (around $10,000 in business so far). I'll be looking to work with them closely throughout 2014 also. Other clients include Kimia, Mini Juegos, and Booster Media.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:18 am

Kimia is an add platform, like AdWords. They do not rent HTML5 games. The other two have been in the media for a while now. I assume most of your sponsors are secret and come from your private "fight club" community.

Please describe in more details the "prominent platform" you built that leads developers to you.

Cheers,
Stevestevefromio2014-01-13 01:18:38
Banned User
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:16 am

[QUOTE=stevefromio] Kimia is an add platform, like AdWords. They do not rent HTML5 games.[/QUOTE]

That's...completely wrong. Not sure where you picked up that from. They pay 50 euro a month to rent games, or 500 euro as a one-time fee.

[QUOTE=stevefromio] The other two have been in the media for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Most of them are fairly public these days. It's not hard to find them at all. I don't know who you expected me to list if you're already familiar with them.

[QUOTE=stevefromio]Please describe in more details the "prominent platform" you built that leads publishers to you.[/QUOTE]

My social media platform, websites and blogs, marketing assets like mailing lists, and of course my traffic. I recently exceeded 10,000,000 total game sessions, some of which include links back to my games.

It's taken about 2 years to become a moderately prominent figure within the indie HTML5 community, and that comes with perks.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:57 am

Isn't it common sense to not trust people on the web who can't/won't backup their claims?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:59 am

It's true that True Valhalla's book sounds exactly as one of the most sold books ever online. The title of the book was something like "how I became a millionaire online doing absolutely nothing." And at the end of the book the author gives one final advice. - Make a successful book about how to get rich doing nothing.

Enough with the book. I think what he's doing is quite possible. I have a related website and it gets 400 daily views without any marketing or content in it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:26 pm

LOL! $100 a month for an HTML5 game sounds too good to be true. I have contacted them for details. Send me a message if anyone is interested.

Steve
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:34 am

[QUOTE=stevefromio] LOL! $100 a month for an HTML5 game sounds too good to be true. I have contacted them for details. Send me a message if anyone is interested.

Steve
[/QUOTE]

50 euro is closer to $70 a month, not $100. And believe me, it's not a lot...I've sold HTML5 games for up to $1100 (for a single license).
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:00 am

I'd be happy with 1K a month... Hope I can get that number in a year =)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:32 pm

@True Valhalla

I do believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, having said that, I don't see any reason to not believe you. Reading all the posts, you have been as transparent as anyone in your position should be with others. Being an indie developer with 3 games on the iOS appstore, I have come to learn a lot of new things, and I know I have still got a long way to go with regards to marketing an app, finding publishers etc...

So what if your approach came off as something to promote yourself, and inspire others. Honestly, if people cannot take the good out of something they perceive to be bad, then those people cannot expect to be successful themselves.

I was inspired :) and now I know to approach Spil Games in 2014.
That's what I took out of your post, not to dwell on if your comments were fake or not. One last thing, Self promotion is the best thing an indie developer can do for themselves in order to better their situation, so to all the people that feel the need to give this guy a hard time, maybe you should try make a living as an indie developer and see just how difficult it is, and just how important self promotion, or spam as some of you claim really is.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:26 pm

BAnyBudde, you have a lot to learn. Good luck with Spil games.
Banned User
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic