In 2 Months I've Made $27,271 From HTML5 Games

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:07 pm

LOL! That was great Pixel.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a healthy discussion about these claims? I was so excited about the verification thread just started. I thought it would be a great resource for new indie developers.

Erasing posts is a little extreme and narrow-minded, but I guess you are right. Time to throw in the towel, especially if nobody else cares enough to respond.stevefromio2014-01-14 20:31:25
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:44 pm

@True Valhalla
Thanks for the updates really appreciate them :)
Though an update to a current running thread could work to. It would bump already existing thread to the top rather than a new thread... or are just renaming the thread :)

Anyways. Keep up the good work and have a good holiday :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:35 pm

Hey guys,

I was just talking to a moderator on a much bigger HTML5 game forum and he got me thinking. Although I stand by my statement, and have learned a lot more since making them, I should have approached it another way, or better yet, ignored it.

For people I may have offended reading this thread, I apologize. Dragging this out on such a silly thread only goes to promote it, and that wasn't my intention.

Instead of focusing on the negative, I will start focusing on the positive, like helping people with tutorials, free assets, free code, etc.

Thanks,
Stevestevefromio2014-01-14 22:38:06
Banned User
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:09 pm

I can't believe I took the time to introduce you to the possibilities of HTML5, personally answered a bunch of your questions (including offering the names of sponsors), and then you turn around and post all of this nonsense, lies, and insults.

Then, after claiming you've stopped, you went and joined the HTML5 game devs forum and posted this in my topic there:

[QUOTE]    Don't expect any details about his claims, they are totally false. It is to sell his ebook that contains absolutely nothing in it. I have never seen such a prolific spammer. He seems to be on every HTML5 forum I have joined. You just have to ignore him. I tried to get him removed from the Construct 2 forums, but they defended him. [/QUOTE]

People like you make me question why I share at all.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:27 pm

This is not an attack, but i'll comment just this once since this topic is back up again.

Yes, he likes to post how much he is earning, wile providing nothing of real value. (that the developer can use)

I can verify there is nothing in the book about sponsor links. I know so, because i bought the book. The book basically just states basic common sense, with a little bit about development. So i guess that "something" the developer can use. 8D

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:59 am

@PixelPalette
To be fair, the book is not for the purpose of sharing sponsor links. What it does do is give you a few ideas of how to find them - what might be common sense you, is a good idea to others. I know, because it provided me some. Also, he plans on updating it with more info.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Just google the names of the games on his website, and you'll find some of the sponsors. dhondon2014-01-15 12:20:05
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:25 pm

[QUOTE=jayderyu]Also the burden of proof is on the accuser not the claimer.[/QUOTE]
To be honest, the burden of proof is on the claimer. The accuser happens to also be a claimer: he is claiming the other person is guilty of something, so in truth the burden of proof is on both.

That's the principle of skepticism: stating things like "God exists" is as much a claim as "God does not exist" - the true skeptical position is "I don't know whether god exists or not, and require evidence one way or the other".

Same with True Valhalla's post, he is making a claim and providing evidence, shaky as that evidence may be. You can doubt his evidence: that is perfectly healthy and should be encouraged, but if you want to claim "True Valhalla is a liar and a scammer", well then you must provide evidence yourself.

Remember the words of Carl Sagan, though: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". Some people, myself included, find it hard (but not impossible) to believe you can make $15K a month from HTML5 games. I haven't seen enough evidence to believe that is the case, but in any case I am a subscriber to his blog and read his content nonetheless.

I see lots of fallacies (see this site for help) being thrown around here - perhaps the truth lies somewhere in the middle: he is making money, but not that much.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:24 pm

I think I really am missing a point here. I came to thread knowing it was potentially spammy but I mean, no where in the thread did @True Valhalla say "Make thousands of dollars doing nothing at all!" or "Please click my link to my site and buy my book!". Several users here have links to their sites in their signatures I don't see it as a problem. He plainly shared his revenues and said it was in hopes to inspire others to work hard.
Yes I am sure he would love it if it inspired you to buy his book, at the same time he does have a valid point. The HTML5 market is a growing gold rush, go to your phone's app market and see how many very simple games are out there and being sold for $4 a piece.

He doesn't have to offer anything most companies don't give away how they made it big, or ever do so in a complete open fashion.

If you don't like him or what he did couldn't a better option be to not reply?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:21 pm

I had purchase @True Valhalla 's book last year. It is not a step by step guide for "get rich if you use these steps" . It contains valuable informations for a beginner by showing different opportunities regarding game engines, monetisation possibilities and stuff...
He talks about sponsorships and how to find them (if you are not to lazy).
P.S. @stevefromio Is Indie game : The movie a scam to you? Those people made millions...I bet if one of them post here he looses credibility just because people don't beleive what they can't do.Cipriux2014-01-15 17:21:58
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic