In 2 Months I've Made $27,271 From HTML5 Games

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:43 am

What is so unbelievable, exactly? True Valhalla has 30 HTML5 games on his site, and the quality is comparable. Now, why would a guy spend all that time creating so many similiar games if they weren't profitable?

I don't see those games breaking any new ground, or being artistically rewarding. Which leaves one reason for making that type of game over and again - profit. Pure and effective.

Let's not forget the marketing and networking he has been doing for 2 years to spread those licences far and wide.

So yes I can quite believe he makes those numbers, and I admire him for putting the hard work into achieving a work-at-home and partially automated method of generating income. I sort of want to emulate him - but only if I can get excited about the games I'm creating.

A question to True Valhalla. I know you probably started on this path because you had dreams of being a game developer. Are you creating the games you dreamed of making, or do you see yourself as having moved away from the game developer into a more businessman role now (this latter fitting with your stated goal of diversifying)?

Thanks for the income reports. In spite of the naysayers, I find them illuminating.BlueSkies2014-01-16 04:44:59
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:47 am

[QUOTE=BlueSkies]
A question to True Valhalla. Are you creating the games you dreamed of making, or do you see yourself as having moved away from the game developer into a more businessman role now (this latter fitting with your stated goal of diversifying)?

Thanks for the income reports. In spite of the naysayers, I find them illuminating.[/QUOTE]

Of course, these simple HTML5 games are not the most creatively challenging projects to work on, but the income they produce allows me the freedom to work on the games I do really care about. And even making simple casual games from home for a living is better than 99% of jobs out there so I'm not complaining :)

During 2014 I'm definitely going back into the "game developer" role more, as I'm moving away from my partnership model. That said, I'm primarily a game developer and always have projects I'm working on even if they aren't related to HTML5 or my business.

Thank you for your nice comments, also.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Might as well keep this going. I just posted January's income report

That actually brings the 3 month total to a round $30,000.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Actually your blog got me to do some online searching and I've realised that I don't really have to learn coding from scratch (I already forgot all the C and Java basics I learned years ago). Now, with technological advancement we have affordable tools to help us. And I do believe that there are some people out there that genuinely want to share their success and see others succeed as well. Keep up good work TV :)
My first game, Swingy Angie, available now on
Google Play and Opera Store

Let us honor the desire to work, for it is a movable holiday occuring up to three times a year.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 am

B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:44 am

@TrueValhalla

Inspiring to say the least!

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind sharing. I see that you are not really making that much from direct player base - what I mean is, inapp advertising, but you are making some.
And most you are making from sponsorhips - what kind of revenue model does that have? And what does that sponsorship actually mean - some games site gives an assignment for a game and pay you X amount of dollars to deliver it?

The thing is, I love using Construct and got many ideas for games and also an idea for a personal template that I can use to make many similar games with changing themes (to see what hits with the players)... but the monetization is not so easy to make into html5.. at least not with C2 anyways.

So if you got any tips and tricks for that, they would surely be welcome.

Just to throw this curve ball into this mess (you may agree or disagree) -> If Flappy Bird was able to make $50000 a day(!!!) while it looked and played pretty much awful (just my personal preference in games clouding my perception)... and it did so solely on f2p ad revenue - then I would say it is of paramount importance to get that part handled! (copying this to other threads...)
B

Post » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:36 pm

nemo wrote:It's true that True Valhalla's book sounds exactly as one of the most sold books ever online. The title of the book was something like "how I became a millionaire online doing absolutely nothing." And at the end of the book the author gives one final advice. - Make a successful book about how to get rich doing nothing.

Hm, very interesting point of view.
After reading all the discussion in this thread I still don't know what to believe ... are True Valhalla's earnings to good to believe? If he really makes so much money with HTML5 games I don't begrudge his earnings ...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:27 am

@TrueValhalla Can you guide me how to sell our games and at which platform? Is there any website who buys these games?
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:29 pm

braingame wrote:
nemo wrote:It's true that True Valhalla's book sounds exactly as one of the most sold books ever online. The title of the book was something like "how I became a millionaire online doing absolutely nothing." And at the end of the book the author gives one final advice. - Make a successful book about how to get rich doing nothing.

Hm, very interesting point of view.
After reading all the discussion in this thread I still don't know what to believe ... are True Valhalla's earnings to good to believe? If he really makes so much money with HTML5 games I don't begrudge his earnings ...

The best advice I can give you is to believe nobody. Try it for yourself, and you will have your own answer. Make a simple game first. Set a time budget (say 10 hours/week) for 3 weeks. Get the game done in this time, and try to sell it. Finally, just divide your total income from that game by the total hours spent.

Good luck.
Banned User
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:13 pm

True Valhalla wrote:Thank you Peter!

I just posted February's income report »

How have the last few months been?
B
S
G

PreviousNext