In Another Brothel

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:54 am

I think this is one of the best Construct Creations I've seen so far. It's real fun. Could need a little more gameplay though, maybe extras or other things you can shoot or build up in order to get through a level. Maybe you could add an option where there'd be a limit of boxes you could use in a level to get through it - right now you can simply blast away boxes and getting throgh the level is a safe bet that way. It's no challenge.

Also, the drawings are sometimes really off - like, in the first cutscene, when you suddenly see the guys eye - that looked really weird.

Other than that, this is really cool.

Maybe we should create a thread where all the finished Construct Games are listed and sorted / updated dynamically?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 am

Wow man, cool game. I really like the style and atmosphere!

You should add a "high scores" section or something for "least crates used". You could even do this on a per level basis, as well as a whole game score.

Only a few small bug-like issues like the jumping (as deadeye mentioned) but, yeah... that's physics for you :D Other than that it's pretty awesome!

Well made. 9.5/10

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:47 am

This game is so awesome and professionally constructed (no pun intended)! I'm loving the art style and the skits. Great job. I didn't really find anything wrong with the jumping, but the character did get stuck in a crate once. Couldn't do anything but restart.

This game reminds me of that TI calculator game, Block Dude. They share the basic concept, but Block Dude is more of a puzzler. Maybe I'll try to remake that in Construct...

Well, anyway, good work with the game!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:25 am

It was a fun game ! I like when the cars with physics came in. The game did get a little dull though.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Rude people on the indiegames, RPS seems more mature overall.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Wonderful game :) The gameplay is repetetive but thats what I like about it..you stick with the same crate gun and by the end of it you're very familiar with it.

The art style, the animation and the music really give this game atmosphere, and I found myself playing the whole game from start to finish just to see the next cut scenes. I really like these types of games where your rewarded for youre efforts with more story line...by controlling the character it makes you feel more involved in the plot.

It actually reminds me a lot of braid...where the game itself is a symbollic journey, but rather than having to piece together the story from clues (like you have to in Braid), its presented in a cut scene. I kind of feel this is how games should be! I'm sick of games with ambiguous endings and storylines which only unfold as you find certain items in the game which give a clue to whats actually happened. People say it makes the game more 'intellectual' but I personally find it makes it harder to understand...and that makes me feel thick :(

Anyway, anyone who plays this game and simply says 'its just the same gameplayer over and over again...shoot crates and get to the end of the level' seems to be missing the emotional experience of the game.

Also...kind of reminds me of an episode of Winnie the Pooh, with 'Tigger the private ear'...where he goes searching for donkeys tail...i cant find any google images sadly...i'm remembering something I saw when I was like 5 heh
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:28 pm

I saw the very same Winnie the Pooh-episode. It was pretty sweet.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:12 am

lulz I left a comment on the indieboard thingy...

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Need to say your engine is great! Good work.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations