in-app purchase issue (iOS + cocoonjs)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:26 pm

So since you say you haven't changed it for a month then that would imply that they have fixed their backend and therefore if we resubmit our apps it should just go through.

There has also been some speculation that its an issue caused from transitioning from the sandbox to real payment and of course iOS we cant test it. So it could be they tried your IAP a few times during the lengthy review period.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:06 pm

TheWyrm wrote:So since you say you haven't changed it for a month then that would imply that they have fixed their backend and therefore if we resubmit our apps it should just go through.

There has also been some speculation that its an issue caused from transitioning from the sandbox to real payment and of course iOS we cant test it. So it could be they tried your IAP a few times during the lengthy review period.

They test IAPS immediately as soon as the app is under review, they contacted me asking for screenshots/info on how to access to shop menu since my game is a spacesim, you had to dock at a shipyard (one of many stations) first to access the IAPs. So I gave them screenshots with labels and where to go etc, and they resumed the review right away. Then I waited for over 3 weeks until this morning, when they finally just approved and put it live on the store.

In those 3 weeks they didn't say anything, I inquired last week, they respond "still reviewing".

If your IAPs aren't working, they will reject your app pretty quick.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:55 pm

@Silverforce They could have just sat on it for 3 weeks then did the review yesterday.

If they tested your in app purchases three weeks ago then it would make no sense why others were failing it at the same time. As I said previously I have used the exact same build for both iOS, Google Play and Amazon with the same common CocoonJS IAP events. iOS doesnt work the rest do. So unless I have to do something special for iOS (i.e. iOS Shared Secret key) then I'll assume that Ludei have fixed the backend and they reviewed your app this week.

Anyway, I'll resubmit my app shortly and let you know the outcome.
ImageImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:04 pm

Great News! All IAP issue are solved by Ludei!
Yesterday my game was accepted by Apple and now is on the store
Here the link:
https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZS ... 45104&mt=8

I try tu buy some items and all IAP works fine (both consumable and non consumable)

Thanks all
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:52 pm

@mollaq

is "Restore Purchase" functionality now working on both Android and iOS?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:41 am

Restore can't work. I've looked at their code for the C2 plugin and I know why restore has never worked.

On Purchase Completed triggers Consume Purchase for Android & Finalize Purchase for Apple.

Both of these tell the server your item is consumed, gone from the queue/account. So Google/Apple cannot restore it.

The On Purchase Completed trigger should be split into TWO types, 1 for unmanaged consumables and another for managed non-consumable that doesn't trigger consume/finalize.

The reason Ludei's own apps work with consume is they don't make it with C2, they control their IAP triggers manually.

I'm using cranberrygame's IAP plugin for XDK and he has trigger for unmanaged & managed with a consume trigger that you call in yourself manually when required. Restore works if you do not consume the item.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:43 am

@Silverfox @Russpuppy
I try yesterday to restore my purchase and it work on my game
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:03 am

mollaq wrote:@Silverfox @Russpuppy
I try yesterday to restore my purchase and it work on my game

Did you use an updated plugin?

Because the one in C2 definitely calls to consume & finalize every purchase, so its not possible to restore.

This is from the runtime.js of CJSAds plugin in C2
CJS IAP.jpg

Unless Ludei updated to change it, would be nice to be informed by them... but didn't see anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:03 am

I use the open source plugin but not the master plugin I had downloaded the "restore purchase" plugin
Fortunately in my game all IAP works (consumable and non) and the restore purchase work too.
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:26 am

mollaq wrote:I use the open source plugin but not the master plugin I had downloaded the "restore purchase" plugin
Fortunately in my game all IAP works (consumable and non) and the restore purchase work too.

Okay that makes sense.

I got the master plugin and it never worked, nor does the default one from C2. So it looks like the open source people have fixed it by removing the call to consume/finalize!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General