Include event sheet explanation please

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:46 am

I am having trouble figuring out "include"s in my event sheets.

I have read the manual on this topic, but there isn't a whole lot of information: http://www.scirra.com/manual/82/includes/page-1

I want the next scene to be exactly the same as the previous ones.

I know "include" is like copy/pasting over the whole of an event sheet, but for me I get unstoppable looping of scene 2.

Can someone point me to a good resource for learning how to use include? Or give a brief explanation here?

It would really be appreciated.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:53 am

You're right, the manual entry was a bit light. I've edited it to include more tips on how event sheets are used - does that help?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:20 am

Oh wow I didn't expect that :D thank you!

Yes...I think it does make more sense now. So it's not an all or nothing then. Or, rather, you can make an event sheet not linked to a layout, but with instructions that can be used over and over in many layouts.

But then how does the game know when to use the include?
I can see it is draggable between events, so I'm assuming standard top down processing of events is still in force? Ie: things above the include will run first, then the include, then whatever is after the include.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 am

as i think all events works together from top to down so if you want to change the include sheet you can move it down or up as a normal event
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?