Individual unit health bars

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:24 am

Hello again C2 community.

Every time I think I'm getting the hag of the event system I try something out and POW, back to square one.

I'm using the RTS template, and am currently trying to create health bars for my individual units.

I'm trying to follow the same method used in the template to tie health bars to bases as is used to tie tank turrets to bases;

So I create my health bar from 2 sprites, put it in a container and use the same technique (initially with just one health bar), and it works great;

However all health bars seem to just stick to the one tank base. I don't understand why the technique works fine for tank and turret but not for me new health bar.

Sorry, I can't include urls (to capx) due to my low cred. But I hope the images will show.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42 am

Are you sure your health bars are also in the same container with your tank bases and turrets? (Just putting health bars in a seperate container will not work, the container must have tank base, tank turret, and two health bars)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:50 am

Windwalker wrote:Are you sure your health bars are also in the same container with your tank bases and turrets? (Just putting health bars in a separate container will not work, the container must have tank base, tank turret, and two health bars)

That's a really good point, so I add my health bar components to the same group as the turret and base;

It's working now - but It appears that the assignment of a health bar is pretty random.

Do I need to delete and recreate each tank to bring the UID's closer together?

UPDATE

Deleting all the tanks and recreating them from (copy in memory) has done the trick, thanks for your help Windwalker.

B
S

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:20 pm

You are welcome :) In time I learnt most of the time it's actually a very simple thing that evades the eye to solve your problems in C2. Keep sharing your stuff and gl :)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?