Input lag

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Well, recently I noticed a HUGE input lag. When you create a sprite (say 128x128 red square) and give it a mouse behavior it will always follow the mouse, but with some kind of lag. The same with keyboard controlled behaviors. Help, pretty please, anyone?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Construct uses a double-buffered, V-synced display for optimal rendering quality - and this inevitably causes some lag. How bad is it, though? Usually it's fairly small.

• Construct uses a double-buffered, V-synced display for optimal rendering quality - and this inevitably causes some lag. How bad is it, though? Usually it's fairly small.

well it's quite ugly, when using sprite as a cursor, its noticeable, ill try to create a movie to demonstrate this somehow, please wait... loading

• You can always hide the Windows mouse cursor so you can't see the difference between that and the sprite cursor.

• You can always hide the Windows mouse cursor so you can't see the difference between that and the sprite cursor.

I know, but when I do that, it feels very strange when you move your mouse and wait few ms for the cursor to move :/

• I uploaded a video here:

• That's quite a bit of lag.

Using the mouse behavior or a set position event gives me far less lag then that (and I'm on an old box).

• Well, recently I noticed a HUGE input lag. When you create a sprite (say 128x128 red square) and give it a mouse behavior it will always follow the mouse, but with some kind of lag. The same with keyboard controlled behaviors. Help, pretty please, anyone?

Switch framerate mode to unlimited, just to see if it still lags.

• > Well, recently I noticed a HUGE input lag. When you create a sprite (say 128x128 red square) and give it a mouse behavior it will always follow the mouse, but with some kind of lag. The same with keyboard controlled behaviors. Help, pretty please, anyone?

>

Switch framerate mode to unlimited, just to see if it still lags.

nope, in unlimited mode it does not lag. but I don't think it a good solution :/

edit: in vsync it runs on 60fps (lcd screen), my specs: athlon 64 x2 2,9ghz, 2gb ram, nv geforce 9600gt so I don't think it's a hardware related problem

• Have you tried not using timedelta?

Something like:

Always

sprite set position to mousex, mousey

I think there will always be some issues using the mouse behavior, especially since the actual cursor is not confined to timedelta. On the other hand your going to get some "skipping" if you dont use timedelta, especially with a sprite so big.

• The mouse behavior does not use timedelta. It's almost identical to using an always - set position to mousex, mousey event.

• Have you tried not using timedelta?

Something like:

Always

>sprite set position to mousex, mousey

I think there will always be some issues using the mouse behavior, especially since the actual cursor is not confined to timedelta. On the other hand your going to get some "skipping" if you dont use timedelta, especially with a sprite so big.

removed behavior, added your event, lag's the same.

also, made a 10x10 sprite, no change.

• Out of curiosity - would it be possible to make the mouse behavior grab the current mouse position rather than use the one in the event sheet that's being processed (which lags behind a bit)?

• I don't know if this is an issue with the v-sync. If it is just a visual thing wouldn't other input lag just as much as the mouse? The mouse location lags very noticeably even with the windows cursor turned off.

• I don't know if this is an issue with the v-sync. If it is just a visual thing wouldn't other input lag just as much as the mouse? The mouse location lags very noticeably even with the windows cursor turned off.

....... The same with keyboard controlled behaviors. Help, pretty please, anyone?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)