Insanity's Blade Green Lit! Final Release Dec 1st on Steam

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 6:09 am

@OrangeTapioca found the bug - I ended up changing the detection routine for the doom brick. It had a variable that wasn't being turned back on because I had a timer in the middle of the event. Now it's separated into three events and I tried several ways to get it to screw up and it didn't. The doom brick should take your energy away now and then toss you back up on the the last platform you touched!

I'm going to bed for real now LOL!

File is uploaded!
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 3:21 pm

@damainman

I went back to the last pit, made myself die so i respawned at the checkpoint. went to the first pit between the platform (not counting the firepit at the drop) and while i could move it respawned me. Instead of spawning me at the nearest platform, i ended up respawning at the platform where the last firepit was.

Also one of the hanging vomit dropper guys i can't kill.

it's the area after the firepit. the third platform up. the hanger from the left won't die. seems like the hits never register on him.OrangeTapioca2013-05-18 15:28:25
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 12:39 am

[QUOTE=damainman]I'll need to know what was hard to read about the text :) I haven't had anyone else tell me it was too hard to read yet aside of it scrolling too fast at the start - but that version never made it onto the forum!
[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, the text has colors that don't contrast very well, making it difficult to read. When I first tried to read the text in the opening, it gave me a bit of eyestrain. I think the text would better with just two colors.

(Unrelated to the point above: After seeing the giant boss of level 1, I thought the NES couldn't move sprites that big. :P)
B
S

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 2:10 am

@Zero6

I'll look into changing the text color - I think in the case of the intro the image could be made darker - if the nes palette allows...

But yeah - nes games later on used a background layer to make huge bosses. Sprites were used as the extra parts. So to stick to the NES way of making a boss - the black ground is black because it would have actually been a scrolling layer and having any other tiles on it would have made it look not like a giant sprite.

The fists would have been sprites and would have flickered when on the same level as the player.

I'm not a huge fan of the mega man series but the game play was tight and it made a lot of big jumps in game development on such a crapola system. And the above picture is an example of a giant boss :)

I'm far too drinky to work on the game right now but I will be getting back to it Tuesday night :)

Thanks for showing me the exact spot where the text was bugging you.

@OrangeTapioca I shouldn't have touched the code at 2am with one eye open ;) I'll see if I can find the problem tuesday night.

I noticed it was happening when I was holding jump and sliding into the fire. I got rid of the problem but when the player responded he would skip over 5 or 6 times before you could play. Thats fixed but I think another part of the code is being ignored...

B
S
G

Post » Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 pm

@Zero6 @OrangeTapioca

Just attempted bug fixing and fixed font and image in intro bg. The bug for the invincible enemy is strange - it effects the first one on screen only. Though it's more than likely the last one you attack, because of the way the zoom works to get the nes res, that enemy is technically on the screen at 320x240. Not sure why he is invincible but I've fixed the issue.

Being a total tool I've been using the hidden player controller sprite to detect all damage collisions. This is the case no longer. The legs/feet spite not detects collisions with the doom brick. So even if you get hit by an enemy, you can still fall in a pit.

Font is changed to a mellow light grey on dark grey.

Grab the file from the usual place - back to vacation with me :)

And thanks for testing again! This thing will be 100% bug free by the time you're done LOL!
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 21, 2013 12:03 am

@damainman i've been playing the first area. imagine what i'll find in the next ;P JK.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 23, 2013 7:26 pm

@OrangeTapioca Better to be safe than sorry! Although stage 2 should be pretty tight, stage 3 was so open it could have problems in a million places. Stages 4-6 are tight though.

Some screen shots from latest beta:

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

Chrisdamainman2013-05-23 19:27:41
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:59 pm

And I totally forgot about the IndieDB page...

Insanity's Blade IndieDB Page Here!!!

Chris
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:59 am

Screenshot of Stage 7 Possessed Priest:

Stage 7 map is finished. Boss cinematic finished except dialog ("Run, Thurstan. 'Tis not safe"). Priest falls down and explodes into blood turns purple and is struck down by lightning :D In his place is a floating skeletal version of himself that calls on lightning and minions for battle.

Stage 7 is a church setting and is very much an ode to Castlevania and Splatterhouse (you'll get it when you see the boss cinematic)

I'll post a vid as soon as the attack patterns are finished!

Chris
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:08 am

the graphics are brilliant...
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations