Insanity's Blade Green Lit! Final Release Dec 1st on Steam

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:43 am

[QUOTE=damainman] @BluePhaze - I grabbed a tutorial off of here that had wall sliding in it and then built it after reading that. It's a complete mess and still buggy against walls but once I have it tightened up I'll do a capx of wall jumping sure :)

This is the tutorial I based it off of.
http://www.scirra.com/forum/wall-jump-megamanx-style-example_topic64626.html

It didn't work for me quite this way though, too many other things to take into account (like the way I handle my controls).

[/QUOTE]

Well, now I feel amazing that I have somehow contributed to this amazing game even with something as simple as a generic capx I posted a long time ago.

Funny part is that playing this game had me thinking how well the wall slide was and how it did a better job then I had done.

I am in love with this project. the levels of nostalgia and the levels of pure gaming fun with some amazing visuals and level design.

I adore the sound effect and knock back when you punch the enemies rather then just knifing them, i found myself getting close just to hear it.

keep us updated on this project I cant wait to play a full version.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:18 pm

The artstyle remind's me of Golden Axe! You've really done a quality job with capturing that old school atmosphere!

Landman
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:06 pm

game is looking great *Thumbs up*
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Sorry for double post but this game has inspired me for my next project. I like how it has a blend of castlevania and golden axe. looks great. i especially like the boss battle. keep up the great work
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:46 am

@arcgen Yeah, I love DaMainMan's graphics and hope so! NES, SNES/Genesis were awesome platforms for games.

@BACLog We're glad you came to see our game, thanks for the great feedback!

@Landman Ah thanks for the kind words, again I'd attribute it to DaMainMan and his love for classic NES games

@NotionGames thanks for checking out our game! We look forward to seeing what you're working on next as well then
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:53 am

@arcgen Thanks! I'm a bit hardcore when it comes to the retro stuff. I like my video games to look and play like they did when I enjoyed them still!

@BACLog Your code was a huge help to get my wall jump/wall slide started. There is a lot of extra stuff going on besides that. Frame specific timings, speed changes, locking off other controls... pain in the butt it was to code that haha! Mind you there is still a bug in the wall slide bit of the code. And I know what's doing it. I just always forget to fix it. I have a bit that says if sprite legs is overlapping floor and wall then... and it's set wrong. Thanks for your support, I'm glad that you're enjoying watching this progress (and playing that tired old beta/demo!) I should be back to work on this game in about a week or so. Just finishing up my next game demo/beta - I hope you like Snow Bros!!

@landman Thanks! I've played through my game collection a million times now I'm sure. I'm buying old school bits to this day. Waiting on a nice jap cart of Magic Sword for the snes. Which is a partial inspiration for my game play. I even did a tribute to the "Golden Bear" in the first level of that game. In my 2nd stage there is a bear based on the one found in Magic Sword. Not as big, not quite the same, but he's golden and he swats at you! There are a lot of nods to my favorite games in here. The way I shade some things is more of a nod to Sega than it is Golden Axe. But once the dwarf character is in, that'll be as close to a nod to Gillius as I can get! The comic relief/side kick character in my comic is an alcoholic dwarf named Finn.

@NotionGames Thanks! Glad you're liking it! And we're flattered that it's inspiring you for your next game!!

@Jayjay One of these days I need to throw you into my game collection down here HAHA!!!

I still have 7 levels to design although 1 is only a partial. Loads of enemies, bosses and the cinematic bits too! The Castle is reused with a different pallet along with the boss fight area. I just have to draw a separate route up to the throne room.

Exotic dancing undead coming soon!!

Thanks for all the support and kind words guys!!!

Chris
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:03 am

Just here to drop an extra comment: that overworld music is really amazing, too bad we only get to hear it for short periods in the game. Will you be uploading the soundtracks for free? Anytime soon?

Also looking forward to the addition of the dwarf! Wonder how that will play out in the game.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:55 pm

@Nixel - if that specific artist allows/hasn't signed off the rights for that song already then it will be in a sound test as well as the game. All of this music is from the Famitracker forums. They hold competitions and do the music for free. It's all hosted somewhere off site but completely free to download.

That specific song (listed only as no27.wav in my game) changes into a style of music that doesn't suit the game - which is why I only used the opening of it. If I can find my list of songs by title and artist I'll let you know which competition it's from exactly. But for now I only have no27 to go by.

The dwarf follows you closely at a delay. Throws axes. Can't be killed. Will probably make the game way too easy HAHA! It seems to me when I designer the character in my comic way back when, the dwarf from Golden Axe was actually a huge inspiration for his look. Not the in game character but the hand drawn image of him during the title sequence of the original game.

I'm still hacking away at the new Go!Go!Maddi! game. We've added an ActRaiser style sim to the map screen to break up the 100 levels of candy busting platforming. All of the texty and titley stuff needs to be done for that one. Then when I'm ready for full demo release (of Go!Go!Maddi!) I'm going back to this game full speed. I think it's almost time to do the dev thread for the new game :O

Chris
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:04 am

And now a full play through of the latest level I've (almost) completed.
Level 4 - Stage 2: The Sunken Village.

At this point in the game Thurstan has been possessed by the same evil that has take his family from him. It cannot control him completely but drives him insane (hence the name of the game/comic). So while he is possessed in the game he loses the ability to throw daggers. But to make up for this his strength and punch radius is doubled. If anything he punches hits a wall etc. it will explode on contact.

Still two bad guys I want to add to this level. Water grabbers - zombies that grab at your ankles unless you jump on them, and brain pickers that throw the remaining contents of the skull at you. Also need to add a door closing behind the player at the end of the level and the water filling the tunnel back up.

Anyhow - here's a play test from start to finish. Sorry about the sound cutting in, it always does that to me - a real pain in the ass. If anyone knows why it does that let me know please and thanks!!!

[Tube]http://youtu.be/8CZIbHKfB40[/Tube]

Chris
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:47 pm

Nice sound, graphics and animations. Great Job
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations