Insanity's Blade Green Lit! Final Release Dec 1st on Steam

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:35 pm

@Nixel Haha! Thanks :) Yeah, things get buried quickly around here now. The other game I started is long gone. The original demo was very dry. But it was a beta. The store additions and the dwarf were supposed to spice things up a bit. But after I had play tested stage 1 a million times, I realized it was nothing like the comic. The character is hands on ripping and tearing things.

Now, every so many levels he will do something new. In the comic he puts he whole arm through the zombies and guts them, punt kicks heads... tons of stuff. I'll try to work some more of the violence into the game!

I've been adding my own music to the game, we've missed the original deadline of Nov 1st as it's fallen on me to get the rest of the demo music done. The Musician who was working on it before did the title/intro music and the stage music. But the GameOver music and the boss music wasn't done. I've already done the boss music so now I just have to do game over and I might do one other little thing.

On that note. Website, Demo and Kickstarter will be (hopefully) launching Nov 15th.

Chris

B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:04 pm

@damainman Your game is looking great. I'm really liking your death animation. Can I ask how you are getting that nice arc when he flies back? I'm trying to simulate the knockback and bounce from the Street Fighter games and you seem to be way more successful than I am.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:25 pm

@sman118 Timers in events, and x/y vector movement. I disable the controls, if player is facing right then x vector -1500 and that knocks him back with a timer 0.3s before allowing controls again.

For the death hit, there's a bit more to it (this only contains knockback, not slow motion, blood etc.)This code is if player hp <=0 then (set animation blah blah blah).

Hope that helps!

Chris
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:25 pm

@damainman Thanks! Turns out the deceleration was what was causing my problem. Your code was a big help. Good luck on the Kickstarter and Greenlight.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:26 pm

@sman118 No problem at all :) And thanks for the support!!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:54 am

Man, can't believe the progress you made on this. Looking lovely.

You got a release date for this yet? (soz if I missed that post.. just browsing.. ;) )
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:19 am

@procrastinator Thanks! Been plugging away (despite also working on Go!Go!Maddi! over the summer). Release date is roughly March/April of 2014. I wanted to be done in October of this year but life just has a funny way of saying no.

@Nixel So I've added in a few more moves since yesterday! We now have the addition of:
1) Double tap direction and attack: Decapitation Dash! Punches off heads etc.
2) Down and attack while holding arm: Grand Slam Home Run! Hit zombies into air possibly causing eXPloDe!
3) Grab and Down: Devastating Testicle Implosion! A ball kick that causes total body break down. ***EDIT*** You will see balls fly...

Also added far more exploding of corpses. Hitting them with an arm when hit points are low causes guts explode...

Hope I'm making this far more "wet" than dry :D

Chris
damainman2013-11-03 02:27:29
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:30 am

*raises both hands in thumbs up*
Sounds as wet as I hoped for! Good job.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:39 pm

@damainman, yeah life got in the way of my projects throughout this year. Trying to get back into things before some other sh*te happens in my life hahah

Some awesome additions man! Devastating Testicle Implosion! wtf :D hahah sounds like you're starting to take the game in the direction I couldn't even imagine! and I love it!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:40 pm

@procrastinator Thanks! Yeah... I was leaving the dark humor of the comic out completely. Taking itself too seriously. Now it has all the moves. But boss 1 looked like a sissy so he's been completely redrawn (except the hands)...mostly re-coded too!

Here are some screens of the latest build in action (this is actually from the almost completed demo. Adding all those new moves in caused tons of bugs...)

DoubleTap Decap!

Testicular Implostion (look closely behind the zombie in the air for BLUE BALLS :O)

Up and attack while standing on a head causes HEAD KICK!

Down and attack with arm causes HOMERUN!!

The new and improved Boss 1 :O

Chris
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations