Insanity's Blade Green Lit! Final Release Dec 1st on Steam

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Joannesalfa wrote:How are you converting this game from HTML5 to Unity? Do you have hired programmers?

Also curious about this & what the costs are for something like that.
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:24 pm

@80bit @Joannesalfa We have hired Unity devs to reprogram the entire game. It's costing quite a bit. Depending on the project it could cost very little or it can cost someones full year wages. We had to shop around.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:20 am

Any references you could recommend?
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:18 am

@80bit Not yet. It was tricky to find the one I have and I can't recommend them until I see the end result. This one ended up coming from one company we contacted that wanted $20,000+ to convert the game - they gave us his contact and that was that.

I will let you know how everything goes in the end though!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:42 pm

Might have to get a Wii U...
Founder of HeroicTek
HeroicTek.com
Owner of HeroicDomains
HeroicDomains.com
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Great game you have.
From your experience using unity to make mobile games better or using Html 5 software?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:40 pm

Why not Unreal 4? It's offering Blueprint so you can do visual programming
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:52 pm

damainman wrote:@80bit Not yet. It was tricky to find the one I have and I can't recommend them until I see the end result. This one ended up coming from one company we contacted that wanted $20,000+ to convert the game - they gave us his contact and that was that.

I will let you know how everything goes in the end though!

$20,000 ?!? Chump change for you... ;)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:10 am

@Joannesalfa Unreal Engine 4 only just released as of March this year: https://www.unrealengine.com/blog/welco ... l-engine-4

Personally, I'm not a fan of visual scripting the way Blueprint and Unity Playmaker do it (looks similar for both, and almost like a graphical representation of "spaghetti code"), but otherwise the engine is just so new that the community support, tutorials, and freelance/hired help probably won't be there to do what we need in a reasonable time frame.

Insanity's Blade has been in development since early 2013, and our Kickstarter was funded by the end of 2013, even at that time we had looked at what was available and decided Unity was our best option.

However, it looks like UE4 has a very nice pricing model and feature set, so thanks for sharing it :)

@A0Nasser Not tried to make anything for mobile yet myself, I don't enjoy playing action games on my smartphone as much as I like puzzle and turn-based for that platform sorry

@Manley23 lol :D Maybe someday.
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:37 pm

Well we have the game finished for PC,LINUX and MAC. But now there are a ton of additional features! We will now have a selectable 8-bit or 16-bit soundtrack, all side quests are in game and some are mandatory in order to progress through stages of the game, 6 hidden selectable weapons for Thurstan and 3 for Finn!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzmLmNBH7D4

So with the addition of the mandatory quests, the game got a lot longer. We have about 9 new playable stages on top of the original 16! New bosses, new items... tons of stuff!!

The demo is only single player but contains the first Island in the game which has 4 main stages and 3 side quests! Instructions are in the files. Please report any bugs to info@causalbitgames.com

The Files:

Thank you for your patience and the release is coming next week!!

Chris and Daven
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations