Installing game on iPhone

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I need to install the game generated in CocoonJS on the iPhone . Can I do this as the Android (copying the apk and installing from a file manager) or only through AppleStore? I'd like a simpler and faster procedure. Thanks.

• Find the CocoonJS app in APPstore.

Then, via itunes, copy the .zip exported app (c2->export->cocoonJS) in CocoonJS folder (look in app, in itunes, on the low part of screen)

Tell me if you find it.

TheMc

• Thanks for reply, themacvictror

I need to use iTunes on my iPad or iPhone to manage the zip file or can I use a file manager to do this? I installed CooconJS on iPad. Thanks.

• iTunes should be installed on your PC/MAC (you can try with iFunBox or similar, but my advice is to use iTunes)

then, connect ipad on pc and, in iTUNES copy the exported .zip onto CocoonJS folder (in "app" tab).

Tell me if i'm not clear about something.

TheMac

• themacvictror

I follow your instruction and include the file in the folder cocoon, but when I click, the system unzip the file and then the screen goes black, showing only fps. It's happens with all games. Do you know what the problem is?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • RenatoB :

make sure you don't use textbox or other components not implemented in cocoonjs (see doc to be sure).

Anyway, always run selecting "accelerated Canvas/webgl".

Then. running the app, tap in the corner of the screen (where fps are) and you'll be able to see log with all errors and warnings !

TheMac

• themacvictror

The error message that appears on the console is:

Cannot open the html file "http://www.........". The server responded with status 404 (NOT_FOUND)

Get resources "http://www.........". The server responded with status 404 (NOT_FOUND)

What I may have forgotten or be doing wrong?

Thanks

• RenatoB

better for you to share the .capx (one file project) to better check the problem.

TheMac

• themacvictror

This happens with all games for iphone was converted with CocoonJS. These games have been tested and html5 and apk (android) and everything worked perfectly. I followed the tutorial for exporting to CocoonJS but must be missing something.

• The procedures that I did:

• I exported the game to CocoonJS in Construct2 (PC)
    • Includes all the data in the Ludei site and created a custom launcher to Apple Store
    • I uploaded the zip file to my website.
    • I installed CocoonJS launcher on my phone with android 4.4.2 and loaded the zip file with canvas 2d

I repeated the same process with compiled for iOS to try to see through the cocoon launcher on my android.

Then I tried to view the compiled into an ipad through CocoonJS launcher and happened the same problem.

• RenatoB

my procedure, before releasing anything to app store, is simpler : Just export to cocoonJS and import the .zip via itunes.

Anyway i think the problem is due to some non supported components or plugins in cocoonJS.

But to be sure, please make a demo of the non-working app, in a .capx file and share it.

Otherwise we can only make guesses.

TheMac

• themacvictror

Summarizing, the procedures are the same. The error that appears is that the console is not finding an index.html or have nothing to run. The fact that I'm using a PC to generate the files and android with coocon to view the ios application can be a problem? From what I saw in the Ludei site, I'll need a Mac to generate ipa. What would be the minimum configuration of a mini mac/os to use exclusively for that? Thanks.

• themacvictror

Summarizing, the procedures are the same. The error that appears is that the console is not finding an index.html or have nothing to run. The fact that I'm using a PC to generate the files and android with coocon to view the ios application can be a problem? From what I saw in the Ludei site, I'll need a Mac to generate ipa. What would be the minimum configuration of a mini mac/os to use exclusively for that? Thanks.

I think you should test on a real iDevice, with cocoonjs "player" installed.

To use xcode and generate an IPA, any Mac (mini is ok) running OSX Mavericks, will be fine. But my advice is to take a new (or refurbished) Mac Mini, so you'll be sure it will be supported by OSX for at least 3-5 years. an i5 and 4-8Gb di Ram is quite ok.

TheMac

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)