Instar

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:06 pm

titlescreen_s.jpg

Play Instar (in browser)

I started on a game prototype for the Ludum Dare 30 competition (48h game jam), but never finished it in time (next time I’ll do better!). I’ve been poking around with it on and off, and now it’s at a place where you can play from start to finish, hopefully, and get a sense of what it’s about.

It’s short so you can play it in one go, start to finish relatively quickly. I recommend going fullscreen, and make sure to have your sound on since there are some audio cues.

Let me know what you think :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:42 am

Awesome art style man!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 am

Had a few minutes to spare, so I checked it out, :). I like the concept, and your art and audio styles are great. The puzzle elements are great too, and I'm not sure if the little AI robots do anything but having them moving around saying their (ID?) number gave the game more depth.

Was fun to play! :)
Founder of Jadelight Studio, Developer of Libertas Aedifex, regular C2 Help contributor and fan of ambient music and Star Wars.
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:43 am

very nice, congrats
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:17 am

Apox Inc - thanks man! I tried to keep it simple and quick to work with, glad you like it! At first I was going for a far more glitchy/abbrasive style but couldn't resist the softer touches :)

inquiesco - awesome :D yeah the little dudes say their ID and move around in this prototype. They would do more things if I was to build this into a bigger game. One of the key things of this concept is to have a lot of detail and "life" happening around the player, but not over-explain what everything means or how (or if) it will have an impact on the player. Hopefully some of that feeling is still in there :)

frn2000, cheers :)
B
S

Return to Completed Creations