Integration with Photon Cloud: Multiplayer

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:35 am

I made a simple Photon Plugin for my game, but I hesitate to post it in the forum. I will share it if anyone is still interested with Photon. Here is the ACEs:

ACTIONS                 CONDITIONS                 EXPRESSIONS
                      On connected, On error       ClientError
Set name              On room list update          RoomPropsList
New Game              On join room                 MyPlayerIDinRoom
                      On player join               PlayerJoinedID, PlayerJoinedName
Quit Game               On player leave            PlayerRetiredID, PlayerRetiredName
Send message by event   On message by event        LastMessageBy, LastSenderIDby

(A player first try to join a random room, an unsuccesful matchmaking creates a room with automatic name. Once in a room you can raise and receive diferent events, also to know who sent a message.)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 pm

@deko
Glad to see someone is working towards this again.

I know that @Velojet has stopped working on the project, but that doesn't mean you should hesitate trying to make a plugin that uses PhotonCloud. I think that someone taking up the mantle would be good in order to get the people who make PhotonCloud to want to support Construct 2 development.

There should be multiple ways of doing something, and currently Simple Online Multiplayer is a bit lacking for C2 at the moment.

I do suggest that once you have it more complete to make your own thread about it rather than use this old one. This thread has a lot of information that could confuse newcomers that would use your plugin instead.Thndr2013-12-22 20:31:32
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:32 pm

This sounds awesome since webRTC isn't supported yet on iOS I think this is what I will be using for iOS multiplayer. I will try to get some time to test it out after Christmas.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:58 pm

@Deko if it will work on iOS and Android, please post. I am very interested! I won't have to write a server application and use nasty websockets.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:25 pm

We now officially support Photon Cloud and Construct 2. Find our plugin here: viewtopic.php?f=153&t=125222

Feedback appreciated.

enjoy, Chris
B
S

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas