Integration with Photon Cloud: Multiplayer

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 pm

@SpacialPumpkin
[QUOTE=SpacialPumpkin]Is this plugin going to be easier to use then the various socket.io plugins? ... like basically what I'm asking is this plugin going to be as simple as any other construct 2 behavior? or at least only a bit harder to use?[/QUOTE]
Very definitely! My main aim has been to make a plugin/behavior that Constructors could use at a high level, IOW they/you shouldn't have to manipulate Socket.IO messages and break them apart in order to extract their meaning.

You can see that from the conditions/events, actions and expressions that my PhotonClient behavior implements:

[Conditions/Events]
- Game server is ready
- On joined
- On collision with another player
- Web player/s to be created
- New web player has joined
- Web player has been updated
- Web player has left
- My player has left

[Actions]
- Initialise data of web player to create (i.e. data to be used by C2 in creating web players )
- Set the web player's ID (pairs Photon-allocated photonID with C2-allocated UID)

[Expressions]
- WebPlayerX (The current X co-ordinate of web player)
- WebPlayerY (The current Y co-ordinate of web player)
- WebPlayerUID (The web player's UID)
- NumWebPlayersToMake (The number of web players to make)
- WebPlayerPID (The web player's Photon ID)
- Name (The player's name)

[QUOTE=SpacialPumpkin]... Because I don't really know how to set up a command prompt server ... [/QUOTE]
The Photon Cloud will handle ALL the server side for you - there'll be absolutely no need to ever descend to command prompt level Velojet2013-03-02 21:45:28
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 pm

B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:50 am

Wow, you seem to be making very good progress. I kind of have up on the idea of a photon/c2 plugin, but I guess there's hope afterall!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:18 pm

@Velojet This plugin is gonna be AWESOME, but how are we gonna make multiplayer rooms and stuff?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:13 am

Progress report: I've realised I should be making much more use of C2 triggered events (e.g. OnWebPlayerJoined), so I'm into a fairly big rewrite at the moment. But the end result will be a easier-to-use behavior.

@harrio
Thanks for the !

@Rory
Yes, there is hope!

@InvaderX
The Photon Cloud allows you to create rooms (http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-cloud/FeatureOverview/) and I'll need to provide a C2 interface - something for the next version.
Not sure about stuff, though
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:09 am

I really want to get a co-op harvest moon styled game done.
Can't wait for it :( my dreams will come true with your success @velojet
Go go go!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:45 am

@Rory
Sorry - you will have to wait. I can only work on it in my spare time, and I won't have much of that for the next few weeks, at least :-(
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 pm

@Velo - Superb job so far. c2 is sorely missing the multiplayer aspect.

I am surprised that there are no official c2 devs posting here..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:11 am

Damn Jetpack Pigeons :P , I want that plugin or I'll die ...

Attention ; Cookies can (will) extent my life duration for a moment , so if you want to make me wait , supply me with a LOT of cookies !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:42 am

Progress report: I've now finished my rewrite to make use of C2 triggered conditions/events:
- On game server ready
- On joined
- On leaving
- On web player/s to be created
- On web player joined
- On web player updated
- On web player leaving
- On collision with another player
- On impacted by another player
- On message

However, my development of this behavior began with the 3.0 Photon Server API (which didn't interface with the Photon Cloud) and the API of the 3.2 server (which does) incorporates "huge changes" to quote bertelmonster2k from the Photon team. So at his suggestion, I'm holding off further work till the Photon team has time to join in on the development.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas