integration with sql php

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a simple login feature to access Metamask in construct 3. Requires a Chrome Browser and Metamask Extension.
  • I was looking around the site at FAQs and tutorials, but couldn't quite find the answer.

I've been developing the logic and design for a browser based RPG. Mainly text, no moving graphics; where you manage city stats and attack other players...similar to The Reincarnation (Archmage) or the tons of other similar games out there.

I was about to start programming it in HTML5 when my friend told me about this site and Construct. It looks really interesting, however, none of the tutorials talk about integration with SQL.

Is this something in the licensed copy? Or something that might be added later?

Thanks

• I think it's planned but not yet available.

Interested in doing something similar myself.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In-fact the network question has been asked a number of times in the past.

Tom posted a good response when i asked the question earlier.

scirra.com/forum/html5-sql_topic42181.html

• Construct 2 probably won't integrate SQL commands, and for a good reason.

You don't want javascripts connecting directly to databases, I believe it's not even possible.

The correct approach would be to communicate with server side tech (php/asp.net/ruby) via AJAX, and you can already do that.

There are no tutorials for that, but if you guys really need this, I can whip something up (should take a while though).

• Construct 2 probably won't integrate SQL commands, and for a good reason.

You don't want javascripts connecting directly to databases, I believe it's not even possible.

The correct approach would be to communicate with server side tech (php/asp.net/ruby) via AJAX, and you can already do that.

There are no tutorials for that, but if you guys really need this, I can whip something up (should take a while though).

As Fimbul said. Such an integration strongly relies on external programming of your server-side (which IS connected to the sql database) and ajax communication between the server and the client (the C2 app the player will be using).

It depends on what you are using as server-side app. For example, a CMS like Joomla allows you to use webcalls and expose some functions that an ajax call might communicate with.

I use also Elgg, relying on xmlrpc calls (different in the syntax than joomla's).

Nevertheless you'll need to know what you are doing and actually do some true coding in the server-side.

This can't be "made easy" in C2's way. At least I don't see how to, right now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)