Intel XDK build-"Not designed for tablets" alert

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of retro game sound effects made in classic style, including 111 sounds.
  • I am using Intel XDK crosswalk to build my app. When I upload the APK file to the production, then a bulb comes up next to the upload button saying "Design your app for tablets and a link - What you need to fix". When I click on What you need to fix, it says -

Your Production APK needs to meet the following criteria:

Your APK should include custom drawables assets for common tablet screen densities. Learn more

And because of this reason, it looks like in the app store the app will not be mentioned in the category of "Designed for tablets". It will only be mentioned as "Designed for phones"

In the build settings of Intel XDK crosswalk, I provided all the information needed. I am not sure what is the reason for this error. IntelRobert / someone knowing how to fix this using Intel XDK, could you please help?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm pretty sure it's got nothing to do with your build - I got the same thing last week and it was because I didn't upload enough different screenshots.. I needed one for "phone" one for 7 inch tablets and one for 10 inch plus one for tv.. then i worked.

• Kali, thanks for the info. I have uploaded 10inch screenshots but not the 7inch ones...So let me give it a try.

• OK, it says that "Your APK should include custom drawables assets for common tablet screen densities" and its takes me to section 4 of this link -

http://developer.android.com/distribute ... blet-icons

The Intel XDK has only option to upload assets in 4 icon sizes (36px at LDPI, 48 ,72 and 96px@XHDPI)...

So I think this is a Intel XDK issue of not being able to upload more assets as requested in the above link...

Any thoughts/suggestions how to get around this? Otherwise the app simply shows that it is NOT designed for tablets!

• I have the same problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)