Intel XDK CW16 - Framerate boost with Intel FPS counter on.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:52 pm

@BackendFreak Have no idea why i'm getting a boost then. Do you get 60fps without --show-fps-counter?

Is there a way to enable/disable gpu raster? Would this have an affect on performance? I'm just wondering whether this is only turned on if the fps counter is enabled, as i don't know how to tell if the gpu raster is on or off without the fps counter.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:46 pm

Yes I have 60fps without as well.

Here you have available Chromium options http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-co ... -switches/ which you can use in intelxdk.crosswalk.additions.xml.

There are some regarding GPU rasterization. But I'm not an expert in this. Just try some of them.

@xmnboy do you know why such a weird thing happens in his case?
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:56 pm

@BackendFreak Thanks for the link, I'll have a look and try out some of them.

I still haven't found a way to keep my performance boost without having the FPS counter, as i've no idea whats causing the boost. Would @xmnboy or someone else from Intel help provide some information on this matter?
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:52 pm

@tomhaiger I'm in the same boat as you, I've actually got this boost as well and don't know whats causing it. I did create a post asking if anyone knew of this and how to keep the performance while hiding the FPS counter but didn't get an answer.

I'm guessing this is quite rare, would love to know what's up with this as this performance increase is pretty good.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Have you guys posted a question on Intel XDK forum? They usually reply within 24 hours.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:50 pm

@BackendFreak - I hope, I've been trying to ask them about the white bar on splashscreen startup but still ....

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:44 pm

@chadorireborn I think the white bar is not Intel XDK team case. I believe it's a Crosswalk Project thing (https://crosswalk-project.org/), but still they should at least reply that it's not their case.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:44 pm

I have posted on the Intel forum a few days ago but haven't got a reply yet...
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:49 am

Message: xmnboy can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@tomhaiger -- as you know, there is an active thread on the XDK forum regarding the FPS question you've posed. Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce what you are seeing (I get the same results with or without the FPS flag). Your test project has been provided to the Crosswalk project, so see if they have any comments.

@backendfreak -- the Crosswalk project folks did respond with the following interesting bits regarding gpu rasterization in this post https://software.intel.com/en-us/ forums/intel-xdk/topic/624966#comment-1869352 (remove the space in the URL to get the correct URL, I can't post live URLS here).
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:02 am

@chadorireborn -- I think the white bar thing is actually something to do with how you configure the SplashScreen plugin, and might be related to the specific version of that plugin, as well. Unfortunately, nobody has ever shown us a good visual of precisely what you mean by the "white bar on startup" -- I've never seen it and it would help to see it in action (for instance, a video of what happens or a sample APK that I could install and run so I could see it).

As a guess, try adding these options into your intelxdk.config.additions.xml file:

<preference name="FadeSplashScreen" value="false"/>
<preference name="FadeSplashScreenDuration" value="0"/>

That fade splashscreen thing is screwy and causes odd stuff on my test apps. It might be what you are describing, or it might not, I'm not sure, since I don't really know what this "white bar" thing looks like.
Intel Corporation
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General