Intel XDK is OFFICIALLY DEAD, now what ?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Scirra Founder
B
415
S
247
G
92
Posts: 25,282
Reputation: 200,843

Post » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:47 am



Sorry for the bump, but since I have C3 and we're approaching our game release date, this is getting more and more critical. So I can export from C2, use the C3 engine and get store ready APKs and an Xcode project to build as an app for the App Store?

Otherwise with the paid options, is Cocoon.io a valid solution? This is super stressful to approach our deadline and still having a big unknown for our release. We have zero external plugins, all from Construct (IAP, Facebook, AdMob).
B
15
S
6
Posts: 28
Reputation: 1,208

Post » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:13 am

technofou wrote:


Sorry for the bump, but since I have C3 and we're approaching our game release date, this is getting more and more critical. So I can export from C2, use the C3 engine and get store ready APKs and an Xcode project to build as an app for the App Store?

Otherwise with the paid options, is Cocoon.io a valid solution? This is super stressful to approach our deadline and still having a big unknown for our release. We have zero external plugins, all from Construct (IAP, Facebook, AdMob).


Cocoon is a solution, however you must use the Cocoon plugins for Ads, InApp and so on.
The C2 plugins won't work with cocoon (at least with canvas plus). Also the facbebook plugin isn't that good on Cocoon.
So I recommend you the C3 built engine rather than Cocoon, however it's worth a try (you can make two projects with the free plan).

Regards
Andy
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
124
S
44
G
32
Posts: 1,208
Reputation: 30,507

Post » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:34 am

Hello, here is a tutorial to create APK from C2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOl72lo3a3Q
B
36
S
15
G
22
Posts: 956
Reputation: 15,222

Post » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 am

C3 will build an unsigned release APK and an Xcode project. There's information on signing an unsigned release APK here. You can also use the Cordova CLI to build it manually yourself, which both C2 (in latest betas) and C3 support.
Scirra Founder
B
415
S
247
G
92
Posts: 25,282
Reputation: 200,843

Post » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Thanks for all the tips everyone! The community is really a big selling point! We have 970k subscribers on YouTube so we really want to make a game they will love and enjoy!
B
15
S
6
Posts: 28
Reputation: 1,208

Post » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Ashley wrote:C3 will build an unsigned release APK and an Xcode project. There's information on signing an unsigned release APK here. You can also use the Cordova CLI to build it manually yourself, which both C2 (in latest betas) and C3 support.


Sorry for the bump, but is AdMob working? Not even the test mode is working right now. It's the same code that worked back with the Intel XDK.
B
15
S
6
Posts: 28
Reputation: 1,208

Post » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 am

Message: helloiamkaching can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Toddler wrote:Intel XDK is Dead, now what ?
Tried to follow this tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abn7EAK8sBY

But then at 10 minutes, he opened open Intel XDK to use its build capabilities, that method assumes cert are PRE-generated as new android cert can no longer be generated as the service is now cut, importing cert is also now impossible.

So...now what ?
Phone gap requires a subscription, not a per month payment, and I heard to cancel an adobe subscription is hell, so now what ?

try cocoon.io it works well
B
3
S
1
Posts: 4
Reputation: 283

Post » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:28 am

@technofou: AdMob should be working for C2. For C3 there is the dedicated Mobile Advert plugin that replaces C2's AdMob plugin.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
Moderator
B
312
S
129
G
101
Posts: 7,427
Reputation: 75,378

Post » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 am

Kyatric wrote:@technofou: AdMob should be working for C2. For C3 there is the dedicated Mobile Advert plugin that replaces C2's AdMob plugin.


Still getting a lot of issues :( it is still in Beta though. I've switched to Cocoon plugings and paid the 500$ to get the splash screen out. Its working fine with it and it compiles for both platforms!
B
15
S
6
Posts: 28
Reputation: 1,208

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackhornet, COGames and 4 guests