Intel XDK - orientation problems

Ideas and discussion about publishing and distributing your games

Post » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:45 pm

I am so glad to know you have solved this problem :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:40 pm

what is the name of the plugin?
B

Post » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Hmm
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:06 am

It's called PhonegapScreenOrientationLandscape and it's part of his collection. Bit of a shame that C2 can't do this without having to pay for extra plugins but anyways. Once you've got the plugin you just make sure it's installed correctly and that everything says landscape including you Intel XDK settings. Let me know if you run into any problems :)
Mega Game Studios is a tiny independent game studio run from our apartment in Melbourne, Australia. We're not quite sure what we do yet but we think it has something to do with apps, board games and plush toys.

www.megagamestudios.com
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:49 pm

I added it and working. Thanks.
B

Post » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:39 pm

I am actually facing an issue after installing the PhoneGapScreenOrientationPortrait plugin. It has successfully put the game on portrait mode.

Whenever I saw a full screen ad ( from Admob) and move the device to landscape mode, the ad starts showing in landscape even though the portrait plug in was used. After the ad is over, the games orientation would still be in Portrait, but scale of all the sprites has increased by big margin. So Unless I restart the game it is not playable.

My guess is that when the advertisement went from Portrait to landscape, it would have scaled its object. When I exit the ad the scaling factor gets applied to the game also. I made an attempt to set layout to scale 1.0 after the ad is over. But it didn't help.
B

Post » Tue May 19, 2015 4:07 am

@sagasarma
please advice how to find PhonegapScreenOrientationLandscape plugin and install it.

Thank you very much.
B

Post » Sat May 23, 2015 7:45 pm

I've been having the same problem but damn why should we pay 25 to fix a bug that shouldn't be there? I'm really pissed at how construct 2 works with everything you want to do there is something ells you got to get!
B

Post » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Mcreator83 wrote:I've been having the same problem but damn why should we pay 25 to fix a bug that shouldn't be there? I'm really pissed at how construct 2 works with everything you want to do there is something ells you got to get!

I agree completely with this.

Why it is even a problem?
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:13 am

@Mcreator83 @tomz365 @sagasarma @Vegamon007 @BouncyTrip

I managed to find the way around the XDK orientation problem. I found the solution on StackOverflow.

The plugin is called cordova-yoik-screenorientation and all you need to do is:

Add it as a "third party plugin" in XDK.

Add the following into your index.html head:

<script>
screen.lockOrientation('landscape');
</script>
...you can change landscape to portrait if you want.

The github link for plugin: https://github.com/gbenvenuti/cordova-p ... rientation
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Distribution and Publishing