Intel XDK Release 3900

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:01 am

Exporting to mobile is about to get either much more, or less complicated.
It's kind of hard to tell right now.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:13 am

Ashley wrote:AFAIK, PhoneGap Build has identical support to the XDK. So you can just use PhoneGap Build now. They are both based on Cordova.

The main reason we postponed our own build system is the XDK did the job for free. It's a shame they are retracting a free service, but since nobody ever paid for it, it's not really that surprising.

PhoneGap is paid and limited. Are you telling me to spend even more money...?!?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:59 am

Hi @xmnboy

thanks for the explanation. It is a pity that Intel decided to abandon the build server, it would be better if you introduced a fee for this service
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:05 am

I knew where to export it.
I wasn't sure if it was a universal export/import.

Thanks. :P
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:33 am

irbis wrote:PhoneGap is paid and limited. Are you telling me to spend even more money...?!?

PhoneGap Build offers one free "private" slot. You can use that private slot to build as many apps as you want. The private slot doesn't remember the name of the app you've built with it, so if you have three apps you can build all three with that free private slot. After you build "appA" just upload a ZIP of "appB" into the private slot and build that, etc.

They do limit the size of the ZIP you can upload into the private slot, but for most users I don't think the size limit is an issue.

Of course, the Cordova CLI option is completely free, which is exactly what PhoneGap Build and the Intel XDK build tools are based on. Both create Cordova CLI apps.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:05 am

xmnboy wrote:
irbis wrote:PhoneGap is paid and limited. Are you telling me to spend even more money...?!?

PhoneGap Build offers one free "private" slot. You can use that private slot to build as many apps as you want. The private slot doesn't remember the name of the app you've built with it, so if you have three apps you can build all three with that free private slot. After you build "appA" just upload a ZIP of "appB" into the private slot and build that, etc.

They do limit the size of the ZIP you can upload into the private slot, but for most users I don't think the size limit is an issue.

Of course, the Cordova CLI option is completely free, which is exactly what PhoneGap Build and the Intel XDK build tools are based on. Both create Cordova CLI apps.

Ahh finally some good news. Thx buddy! :D
B

Post » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:09 am

There is a 50mb limit with PhoneGap, that doesn't bode well...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:20 am

xmnboy wrote:

yea but the game must be under 50MB. So nothing fancy.
But okay. I can manage. What about AdMob/IAPs support?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:26 pm

irbis wrote:yea but the game must be under 50MB. So nothing fancy.
But okay. I can manage. What about AdMob/IAPs support?

Like the Intel XDK cloud-based build system, the PhoneGap Build system also does not allow the use of Cordova CLI "hooks scripts." These "hooks scripts" are special scripts included with plugins that allow the plugin to perform extra tasks before and after the build process. In the case of the Intel XDK build system they were disallowed, primarily for security reasons, because there are no limitations on the actions those scripts can take.

Given that limitation, if you have successfully incorporated and used a plugin with the Intel XDK build system you should be able to use that same plugin with the PhoneGap Build system. Our plugin restrictions have generally been stricter than the PhoneGap Build restrictions, and many plugin writers have alternate versions of their plugins that are specifically directed at and tested on PhoneGap Build, so I do not see any plugin compatibility issues for users of the Intel XDK build system that migrate to PhoneGap Build.

Also, given that Adobe maintains a faster and more complete adoption rate for their PhoneGap Build system, I would expect more flexibility and better results with their build system than with ours.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:00 pm

Well crap, 30 R$ per month just to use a phonegap paid plan
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General