Intel XDK Release 3900

0 favourites
  • https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/705276

[quote:1j477e8v]IMPORTANT: As of the March, 2017 release, the Intel XDK cloud-based build servers have been deprecated and will be retired at the end of June, 2017. When the Intel XDK cloud-based build systems are retired you will no longer be able to build a Cordova mobile app using the Intel XDK directly, with any version of the Intel XDK. At that time you will need to build your mobile app using either PhoneGap Build or Cordova CLI. See Build with PhoneGap* Build and Cordova* CLI for instructions on how to export and build your mobile app using these external tools.

I've been using XDK ever since I started Construct 2. Should I start migrating my projects/game app builds to different ones? Which one should you recommend?

• ugh...XDK is what I use as well... I wonder why they nixed it?

• ugh...XDK is what I use as well... I wonder why they nixed it?

Probably because they've provided their services for free and never charged.

• > ugh...XDK is what I use as well... I wonder why they nixed it?

>

Probably because they've provided their services for free and never charged.

Actually it's because Android Nougat does not require the webview engine anymore.

It kinda sucks for us because the projects that run on webview will face some issues on devices running latest version of Android Nougat.

• We knew this was coming in advance and it was one of the factors in creating our own build service. We're also going to look in to using the C3 build service to build exports from C2 so you can use that as a replacement without having to import your project (which could be tricky if you don't have all third-party addons for C3). Also you can, as ever, still use PhoneGap Build, so nobody's left out in the cold. We're also going to look in to making it easier to use the Cordova CLI for local builds. And you still have a few months to use the Intel XDK.

• Well at least they're giving us a heads up.

All those months of learning XDK all gone to waste. ❤❤❤❤❤

• Thanks for the info, my game always worked better with Intel XDK than with webview.

In web view I always noticed some extra jumps in the framerate that do not happen with Crosswalk.

I guess at the moment web view is the only option.

• Will we be able to use Crosswalk with the C3 build service? I think it is critical.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm will hoping for build service of Scirra

• Well, I'm glad that I just read this topic. We're about to release one of our projects and now we will have to do it with PhoneGap (thinking about future builds). I'm really interested in the local build opportunities Ashley mentioned.

• We knew this was coming in advance and it was one of the factors in creating our own build service. We're also going to look in to using the C3 build service to build exports from C2 so you can use that as a replacement without having to import your project (which could be tricky if you don't have all third-party addons for C3). Also you can, as ever, still use PhoneGap Build, so nobody's left out in the cold. We're also going to look in to making it easier to use the Cordova CLI for local builds. And you still have a few months to use the Intel XDK.

I'm not sure I understand this well.

Do you mean that exports of C2 can use the service of construction of APK of Scirra ?.

I mean, if I make a mobile game in C2 and export it, can I use the Scirra service to generate the APK ?.

• I mean, if I make a mobile game in C2 and export it, can I use the Scirra service to generate the APK ?.

Yes, that's the idea.

• > I mean, if I make a mobile game in C2 and export it, can I use the Scirra service to generate the APK ?.

>

Yes, that's the idea.

Ok, that will make things much easier, I suppose.

• Oh man, I was bummed out.. My most important plugins are Cordova.

PhoneGap and Cocoon.io both have limits.

My project is getting a bit large I am hoping an unlimited solution is out before XDX discontinues.

All I can do is hope I am able to publish before the discontinuation and hope a solution is out before or soon after.

****Edit***

Hours later I realized something important...

Does this mean we will lose access to our apps that were published with XDK using Cordova since the KeyStore we used is on XDK?

If we export them from XDK are we able to import them elsewhere or is the export for XDK only?

I lost a key once. Luckily the app wasn't published, I was only testing something.

It still bothers me I am unable to update or remove it from my Play store profile.

Google themselves reportedly lost a key once and had to republish one of their own apps.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)