Intel XDK Release 3900

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:37 pm

@xmnboy I am getting an error in Phonegap build that I did not get in Intel XDK. I think it has to do with the official In-App-Purchase plugin by Scirra. When you import your project, the plugin comes up with 2 errors in intel XDK, but you can dismiss those and add your own custom plugin to make it work. But with the phonegap build within XDK it doesn't let me build at all with the official IAP plugin included. Not sure how to fix this...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:20 am

Has anyone tried the newest version of XDK, 3922, that just came out?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:17 am

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:@xmnboy I am getting an error in Phonegap build that I did not get in Intel XDK. I think it has to do with the official In-App-Purchase plugin by Scirra. When you import your project, the plugin comes up with 2 errors in intel XDK, but you can dismiss those and add your own custom plugin to make it work. But with the phonegap build within XDK it doesn't let me build at all with the official IAP plugin included. Not sure how to fix this...

@STARTECHSTUDIOS -- the only way to employ your custom plugins with PhoneGap Build is to pay for an account that allows private plugins. Otherwise, you can use Cordova CLI to build with custom plugins.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:19 am

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:Has anyone tried the newest version of XDK, 3922, that just came out?

We highly recommend that you use 3922 and not 3900. The 3922 release is a hotfix of 3900 -- meaning that it fixes a bunch of issues that were introduced with the 3900 release. Also, the Cordova export package has several improvements for better compatibility with PhoneGap Build. See the release notes for details > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/do ... -intel-xdk <
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:54 pm

I have a problem with 3922, build with crosswalk.
moto g (2nd generation) android 5, gyroscope working without any problem .
moto g4 plus android 7, gyroscope not working.

same apk.

note, preview over wifi, gyroscope working on both models before exporting and wrapping with xdk to apk

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Published APK for android 5 +, without crosswalk, now works, upload 6.8 mb, instead of 28 mb.

To be honest, Scirra's own Cordova wrapper, can't come fast enough for me.
The Mobile wrapping to an APK is a tiresome over complicated process, with whichever service you choose to use.
Things need to be a lot simpler, so you can concentrate on game making.
Bushy Ball\Boatman Bill\Sticky Web\Snake

Image ImageImageImage

During the gold rush it was a good time to be in the pick and shovel business
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:58 am

sizcoz wrote:To be honest, Scirra's own Cordova wrapper, can't come fast enough for me.
The Mobile wrapping to an APK is a tiresome over complicated process, with whichever service you choose to use.
Things need to be a lot simpler, so you can concentrate on game making.

I've been saying this for years. Specially as it applies to almost all platforms except some web-based.

Anybody has some step-by-step tut for exporting your mobile game via PhoneGap?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:24 am

Lame.

I'm glad C3 will have a build service built in and I appreciate all the builds Intel's XDK has done for me in the past, but this is still crappy news.
Check out my projects on my Google Play page.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 02, 2017 7:17 pm

@xmnboy

Thanks for the details. Its really really sad XDK publish is going away!

I heard Visual Studio allows you to compile APKs using Cordova projects. Is that true? Can same be used for iOS compile as well?
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 05, 2017 9:52 am

Ashley wrote:AFAIK, PhoneGap Build has identical support to the XDK. So you can just use PhoneGap Build now. They are both based on Cordova.

The main reason we postponed our own build system is the XDK did the job for free. It's a shame they are retracting a free service, but since nobody ever paid for it, it's not really that surprising.

Hi Ashley,

I think they are not identical.
For example with xdk I can use the GPS and the camera with android. With PhoneGap not working.
Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks
B

Post » Fri May 05, 2017 10:36 pm

SamRock wrote:@xmnboy -- Thanks for the details. Its really really sad XDK publish is going away!

I heard Visual Studio allows you to compile APKs using Cordova projects. Is that true? Can same be used for iOS compile as well?

Yes, Visual Studio has an add-on for creating Cordova apps. They have been very active in the Cordova project. However, they do not provide a "build in the cloud" option, like the XDK or PhoneGap Build. You need access to a Mac to build for iOS; however, they support the use of a "remote" Mac on your local network.

Importing a Construct2 app into a Visual Studio project probably requires quite a bit of effort. I recommend you use PhoneGap Build (which does not require access to a Mac) or build with Cordova CLI directly (which does require access to a Mac, like Visual Studio).
Intel Corporation
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General