Interested in working on Construct Classic?

Forum for plugin, effect and behavior programmers. Please use the Help & Support forum for help using Construct.

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:28 pm

You need to add the mfc and atl include folder and library folder to the search path.
This explains it pretty well:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/MFC/MFCin ... press.aspx
Skip down to step 4.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Thanks, that tutorial is based on DDK however which is different to the Microsoft Platform SDK. I did attempt to use links to Microsoft Platform SDK instead but had no luck.

When it says add the includes

(DDK_directory)\inc\mfc42
(DDK_directory)\inc\atl30

i instead have -

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\mfc
E:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\atl

Yet for the library's it lists -

(DDK_directory)\lib\mfc\i386
(DDK_directory)\lib\atl\i386

but i don't have those available so instead i did the alternative for what it has

E:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib
E:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib\Win95

when building the Sprite plugin i am still getting errors however -

.\Drawing.cpp(120) : error C2039: 'GetAnimationName' : is not a member of 'VEditTime'
\desktop\plugin sdk\sdk\sprite\..\..\Common\VEdittime.h(14) : see declaration of 'VEditTime'

and i also tried the same with Vector but i get errors also -

\desktop\plugin sdk\sdk\vector\StdAfx.h(24) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'atlstr.h': No such file or directory

:(
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm

R0J0hound using Visual C++ Express with the Microsoft Platform SDK seems to not work, the DDK has a different structure so that fix method does not work with it.

Do you know how to build the SVN plugins with C++ express and this library instead? thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 16, 2011 9:15 pm

You need to download the latest common folder from the SVN.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9533&p=73061#p73061
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks but this does not seem to fix anything with express -

Particle plugin for example says -

1>StdAfx.cpp
1>Warning: compiler or settings not compatible with Construct Runtime ABI. Enabling workaround functions. See SDK docs on 'Runtime ABI'.
1>E:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include\mfc\afxwin.h(1227) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxmsg_.h': No such file or directory

vector says -

StdAfx.h(24) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'atlstr.h': No such file or directory

etc... Are you testing this with express by the way? If so what else did you adjust to make it build?

Right now it seems more is needed than the DDK fix. Microsoft Platform SDK is a different structure to DDK but it seems to find some parts, since it's a different version i am guessing it might have a different setup also though so the same instructions might not apply correctly.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 5:31 am

[quote:11bu4jqs]etc... Are you testing this with express by the way? If so what else did you adjust to make it build?[/quote:11bu4jqs]I just tried it by disabling all the include directories and adding those two. I get the same error as you are getting. It seems the windows SDK does not have all the needed files. My apologies, I thought I had tested it as working.

I guess it just comes full circle back to how I was originally able to get it to work by using the Windows DDK to get the files. Others seemed to have had success with that method. I actually currently use the includes from the Window DDK to build the plugins and Construct's runtime. I presented the SDK as an option because it was a smaller download to get what I thought were the same files.

This website was the guide I used. Check the comments for updated info.
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/MFC/MFCin ... press.aspx
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 am

I guess i will just need to get the Windows DDK then, i was trying to avoid it due to the fact it is 619.8MB size but i guess there is no way around it.

The only concern i have right now is the fact DDK seems to now be Windows Driver Kit Version 7.1.0 (the page you link to) which they now call WDK. Hopefully this has the same structure and will work ok though. Thanks for the help R0J0hound :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 18, 2011 2:14 pm

I have now got this and have it working well now with the Windows DDK. Thanks again for the help R0J0hound. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:00 pm

I've recently been interested in learning C++ so mabye one day I might try my hand at making a plugin, but not any day soon.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi, I'm interested in Working on Construct Classic.

Can you send me svn access? I can compile Construct and I have the prof-uis 2.84 commercial edition libs.

My forum user name is blockcrisis

please pm me with the svn. sourceforge's is out of date.

Thanks
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct engineering