Interesting read about webgl

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:40 pm

its from the unity forums, but i think some of the things are closely related to contstruct and how webgl may evolve
i also think this its a good thing both unity and unreal are working on webgl, because it might push the browser vendors to work more on the gaming side of browsers and improving performance

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/webgl-roadmap.334408/
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Yeah, I agree. I'm very curious about what Scirra will do especially after the announcement that Mozillla, Google and Microsoft are working on a new technology called WebAssembly. Which will make web games much more efficient and faster.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit our Website. Web and mobile games!

B
S

Post » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:47 am

Great quote for @Ashley

"It does not make sense for us to drop the “Preview” label because we think that our stuff is ready, when the ecosystem is not - because to our users, what matters is that their content works, and not who is responsible for making it work. This means that readiness is not entirely in our hands in this case. That said, we are talking to all major browser vendors - and we do believe that they are doing a very good job to improve this technology and to get it where we want it to be. "
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:42 am

It looks like a state of permanent Darwinian flux for the next few years....
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General