Internet Explorer canvas size issue

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A complete set of tiny sprites and tiles for your retro platformer game.
  • I'm making an online game that will open in a new window with an arcade cabinet-looking frame.

I have it set to be vertically and horizontally centered, and it scales to the size of the window.

It looks great, most of the time. BUT, certain versions of Internet Explorer (9, i think) show the game canvas as vertically squashed. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it would do this. Has anybody seen anything like this before?

http://mcdanielsmarketing.com/preview/p ... isis11-11/

• you know internet explorer is no more developed by microsoft right???

now the new version is "Edge".

ie was allways giving a lot of problems for web/app developers.

• its a little bug in your game if you push the spacebar too fast the sprite don't shot anything; also where is the rest, i ended at the level 2 and is no other level?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It needs to work on as many platforms as possible. I can't just ignore IE 'cause I don't like it.

The game isn't finished yet.

• It looks great, most of the time. BUT, certain versions of Internet Explorer (9, i think) show the game canvas as vertically squashed.

Is that only when it's embedded or also in fullscreen? Anyway, IE 9 and 10 doesn't support webGL and are not fully compatible with html5. First IE11 has webGL support and a higher html5 compatibility.

I tested your game with IE11 and it looks fine. So, I wouldn't bother with older IE. If it's not a problem with the embedding in the side I think you can do very little.

• Only when embedded.

I'm thinking it has to do with how I centered it in the window. It worked okay before I did that... I'll try centering it another way.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)