Intex XDK now export very SLOW games in Phones.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • I have a problem.

A few months ago, I made several games Construct2 and through Intel XDK I could export to APK and install properly on a Samsung S4. these games work very fluid and fast.

Now with the new Intel XDK 2611 and Construct2 216 attempt to export the same games and running extremely slow.

Would you like to know what I'm doing wrong?

I also tried doing a whole new game just to try and actually runs very slow.

What would be the right way to export it? because with this new updates have many options.

Anyone did the same?

I tested in Construct2 export to Android 4.0+, 4.4, 5.0

And XDK intel and I tested with "Crosswalk for Android" and Android. All my tests games are EXTREMELY SLOW.

Thanks for the help.

• I've only messed with recent versions of the XDK and they were extremely slow for me as well! I ended up going with cocoon.io.

• Degrade Cordova CLI version from 5.1.1 to 4.1.2 can help. But it still slow.

big Infinity Have you exported a working Android app on Cocoon.io yet? I tried everything (change to web2D physic, percentage text loading...) but still get a black screen.

• 01lifeleft, has a game exported with Cocoon.IO in his banner. I bought it, played it, and it runs fine. I'm currently testing my game with the Cocoon.IO Developer Apps and everything is going good, just haven't made a android app with it yet. Also, my game does not use Physics so I probably cannot help you there.

luisgmolina, try out the Cocoon.IO. Intel XDK has almost always been slow compared to the Cocoon.IO. So try out the Cocoon.IO and see if it helps. The Canvas+ is extremely fast. Although there are ongoing compatibility issues with the Cocoon.IO but they are being worked on.

• Yeah Intel XDK's performance become slower with each new update, so i'm a bit worried.

I just successful exported my game via Cocoon.io, but my phone's heat is pretty high just from playing for 5 minutes.

• Yeah Intel XDK's performance become slower with each new update, so i'm a bit worried.

I just successful exported my game via Cocoon.io, but my phone's heat is pretty high just from playing for 5 minutes.

Why is that though. WHY MUST IT HEAT UP?!?

• Lol i mean my phone become pretty hot after a few minutes playing.

My phone is so hot i can even cook an egg on it.

My phone is so hot girls want to marry it.

• My phone is so hot i can even cook an egg on it.

My phone is so hot girls want to marry it.

Sometimes in some cocoon projects I find my phone get heated too.

• Is it the same in the Chrome browser? What does Chrome say if you visit chrome://gpu?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I singed in cocoon.io page and did several tests.

the first:

Construct 2 export (Android 4.4 kitkat) ->

-Canvas + Worked very fast.! Excellent! 6mb file size

-Webview Worked extremely slow! 1mb file size

-Webview + Worked very fast.! Excellent! 21mb file size

Construct 2 export (Lollipop Android 5.0+) -> Android upload error

• I singed in cocoon.io page and did several tests.

the first:

Construct 2 export (Android 4.4 kitkat) ->

-Canvas + Worked very fast.! Excellent! 6mb file size

-Webview Worked extremely slow! 1mb file size

-Webview + Worked very fast.! Excellent! 21mb file size

Construct 2 export (Lollipop Android 5.0+) -> Android upload error

Well, I guess that solves your core problem. Don't know what's wrong with the Error though....

• every one has this HUGE proble of apps being VERY SLOOOW under Android and no one....believe us.... you can see a lot of post explaining this very dangerous problem, because with spending so much time in development, and after the app is not working because the app is terrible slow...then....you get in trouble...

• every one has this HUGE proble of apps being VERY SLOOOW under Android and no one....believe us.... you can see a lot of post explaining this very dangerous problem, because with spending so much time in development, and after the app is not working because the app is terrible slow...then....you get in trouble...

This is a very common and known problem with Construct 2. Honestly, it's both the Developers and Construct 2 creators fault. Developers are not knowledgeable enough about C2 and its limits with Mobiles, and they do not constantly test. On the C2 creators side, is that they have not provided Native Exporter option. Native exporters will not improve performance, it does not make any sense that they would so either, but a Native Exporter would allow the implication of Ads, IAP, and Local Storage to much smoother, since we'd then be dealing with software straight from the software we created our games from. Also, testing would be easier. Construct 2 could be the ultimate 2D game creator, but Scirra is young and has yet to grow.

Also, your paintings look great!

• try to mak a game with one sprite (player) and spawning objects (paltforms) , and i promess your android device is going to die!

i was trying the game "banana kong" under android very very very fluid.

i was trying my game "1 sprite" 6 moving platforms "spawning every 1.5s, and destroyed outside the screen, its so slow...

try it http://mattepainting.be/test/index.html this is the html5 but runs also under android, bu very very very very slow because construct 2 im sure can't handle well mobile apps.

• try to mak a game with one sprite (player) and spawning objects (paltforms) , and i promess your android device is going to die!

i was trying the game "banana kong" under android very very very fluid.

i was trying my game "1 sprite" 6 moving platforms "spawning every 1.5s, and destroyed outside the screen, its so slow...

try it http://mattepainting.be/test/index.html this is the html5 but runs also under android, bu very very very very slow because construct 2 im sure can't handle well mobile apps.

It runs great on my HTC One M7.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)