Invalid graphics card

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Hello Construct developers,

I am trying Construct 2 on an Asus EeePC 1000HE.

Construct Classic is working fine on an EeePC but with C2 I get the following error when trying to create a Sprite:

"Your graphics card does not support render to texture. The picture editor cannot run on this system. Please upgrade your graphics card."

I thought Construct would become less hardware dependent?

What are the  hardware requirements for running C2?

Sincerely,

Andre Klein Kranenbarg

B
G

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi Kranena,

Right now, the picture editor needs a graphics card that supports OpenGL framebuffer objects.  I thought support would be better than it is, but I might be able to come up with a workaround at some point.

What's your graphics card?  You can find out in the about screen.  I guess for that model it's an Intel GMA 950.  If you can find updated drivers for it, that might fix it.  Try this link:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

If that doesn't fix it, I might have to make changes in a future release... let me know if it works.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Hello Ashley,

There is something wrong with account management, I: needed to create a new account (akk in this case).

About my problem,  I went to the
Intel site as you said and could download an driver update after I figured out
that the download site does not support Google Chrome that well.

In spite of the
driver update (Intel Mobile 945GME Express), C2 does not work on my netbook. My C2 adventure
on my notebook stops here for the moment. 

I will try my
laptop.

Thanks for the
support.

/Andre

B
G

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Ergh, I hate Intel graphics chipsets... they never work.  Their documentation claims to support the necessary feature but I guess it just does not work (maybe they were making it up).  I'll look in to workarounds.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General