Invert collision to reset jump strength

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on alphabets in the proper order and reach the sun!
  • Hi,

I'm working on a bumper that increases jump strength. Now, I have a system in place to ensure the strength of the jump increases with every consecutive jump and then stays that way after a set number of jumps.

Following this, I want to reset the variable that is responsible for increasing the jump strength and resetting the jump strength itself.

It is for this purpose that I need to Invert the collision check, because I intend to use this bumper on a number of different surfaces, which means that the player will need to have the jump reset.

Is there any way to do this?

dropbox.com/s/zkshc2fgyegc8zp/01.capx

• By invert the collision, do you mean check if the player isn't colliding?

• Hey Fynnick.

Try inverting a "Object is overlapping Object" condition instead of using the normal colliding check.

• By invert the collision, do you mean check if the player isn't colliding?

Hey Fynnick.

Try inverting a "Object is overlapping Object" condition instead of using the normal colliding check.

I tried it, and it doesn't work, since it conflicts with the variable that increases the jump strength everytime it collides with the bumper.

I need it to reset the variables when the object is not in air and while it is not on another surface, not colliding with the bumper.

• How's this?

db.tt/3w9BuuyT

• How's this?

http://db.tt/3w9BuuyT

Yep I have that as a hotfix backup, but I wanted to know if there was a way to do it for any number of different objects so that there is no need to check collision with every single one of them.

That said, thanks again :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No worries mate, and yes you can do that with families.

Set all your bouncable objects into a family and then you can use that to test the collision instead of the sprite. Very handy but you need to have a licensed version if you dont already.

• Oh yeah, that'll definitely do the job. N yeah using a licensed version :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)