Inverted multiply

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Alright so what I'm trying to create is the lighting used in Roguelight

I may be way off but I've been using the multiply effect on two different layers, top one with the light sphere and bottom with the boxes, and the boxes have an additional multiply effect on them. This kind of works and gives this result

But what I want to do is have control over the color of the squares as now they are strictly black or dark shade, if I try to edit the sprite with a lighter color it just blends more into the background. Thanks anyone.

• So basically, I need to have an object make another object transparent to show the layer below them but I need control over the colors so I can't just use a multiply effect like normally. Anybody?

Can someone explain to me why this works in the editor but not in-game?

• aw geez I think I finally solved it. I had two layers, bottom one with whatever, and the top one had an object with the erase effect, and the color replacer effect by R0j0hound on the layer to control the result. The top layer needs to be transparent and then you use color replacer to change the black (0, 0, 0) to whatever you like.

https: // www .dropbox.com/s/zygvwnru4d91t96/yaaay.cap?dl=0

and the result

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great job! Thanks for sharing your solution

• Here's the link to the Cap above: Click here

Also this can be done easily in Construct 2:

[attachment=0:3uxv2stm][/attachment:3uxv2stm]

• aw geez I think I finally solved it. I had two layers, bottom one with whatever, and the top one had an object with the erase effect, and the color replacer effect by R0j0hound on the layer to control the result.

color fusion (masked) effect

• ^

Thats basically what I needed but you can't set it to be a solid color with that, it will be either slightly transparent or black if you set the intensity between 100-200. Thanks though.

• Ah, I see. Sorry then. I was just hooked by "create lighting". I should have read it more carefully. At least you now have another effect in reach, should you need it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)