Invoke Download not working properly

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

Invoke Download works locally in "Run Layout," but does not work when live on a web page. It appears to be behaving as "Open URL in New Window" instead.

Attach a Capx

http://thekidzpage.com/notworking/wontinvokedownload.capx

*This is the example .capx included with Construct 2 (aka: Example: Taking screenshots)

Description of Capx

Take screenshot then invoke download.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Click/Tap Button: "Take screenshot"
    • Click/Tap Button: Download

Observed Result

Image opens in new window (as in "Open URL in New Window" command, rather than the "Invoke Download" command as specified) No error message is present.

Expected Result

Dialogue box opens to request download location for image to save

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: YES
    • Opera: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7, Service Pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct Release 163

*Also tested on and affects: Chrome and Safari using iPad Mini

Live Demo

http://thekidzpage.com/notworking/

• IMHO , even if it is open in a new url under the name "data:" you can click right and save picture as.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for your feedback, Naji However, it's a feature that was present and working in previous versions and I already use it in my games, so I'd prefer that the bug be fixed rather than ignored.

• Looks like the minifier broke the feature detection (opening a new window is a workaround for browsers without invoke download support). Fixed for the next build; workaround in the mean time is to disable minification on export.

• Thanks Ashley. Great news

• Hello.

Sorry to unearth this topic but I have the same problem but with IE only (tested on version 11 on 2 computers).

It opens in base64 in a new tab. It does not offer the download.

• Hello.

Sorry to unearth this topic but I have the same problem but with IE only (tested on version 11 on 2 computers).

It opens in base64 in a new tab. It does not offer the download.

christ59

As it states in the sticky, you should not be posting in a closed bug report, especially one from 4 years ago.

Either create a new bug report, following ALL of the Bug Report Requirements, or maybe ask for help in the 'How Do I' section.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)