IOS App Rejected for info.plist Issues

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • Hello,

Today I tried uploading my game to the IOS store. I used phonegap build to make an ipa file and then uploaded that via application loader. My game was automatically rejected for the following reasons:

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

My game does not use calendars or Bluetooth. How can I fix this issue so it is possible to upload my game to the market?

Thanks

• Is there anyone that knows what to do? How am I supposed to use construct 2 to upload an app to IOS store if I cannot edit the plist?

• I think the problem is from Phonegap and not C2.

• When iTunes connect is back up I'll try using Intel XDK and see if that changes anything.

• Open the plist file and add the following:

NSCalendarsUsageDescription

NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription

NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription

Then add the string value of:

App may use to serve ads

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How can I access the plist though? There is not a plist file in the construct folder and I cannot put an ipa file into xcode to edit the plist.

• I had this issue when I was using the admob plugin; To fix it add the following in your config.xml (before the </widget> ):

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-settings-hook" spec="~0.2.4" />
    <platform name="ios">
    	<config-file parent="NSCalendarsUsageDescription" platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">
    	    <string>Advertisement would like to create a calendar event.</string>
    	</config-file>
    	<config-file parent="NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription" platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">
    	    <string>Advertisement would like to store a photo.</string>
    	</config-file>
    	<config-file parent="NSBluetoothPeripheralUsageDescription" platform="ios" target="*-Info.plist">
    	    <string>Advertisement would like to use bluetooth.</string>
    	</config-file>
    </platform>[/code:3kspdxe3]
  • AekiroStudio, I think that is exactly what I was looking for! When iTunes connect comes back online I will try again with the updated xml file and let you know what happens.

• It worked, thank you!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)